Six.

November 2nd, 1989
"Ruthless Tour"
New Orleans, LA

Amira

"Eric cut it out!" I said in an attempt to prevent him from passing my go-kart. He kept bumping into me every chance he got, which was both amusing and annoying.

"I'm coming for you." Eric said laughing behind me.

He eventually swerved around me, driving onside me. He and Cube both passed me, which made me accelerate. I turned the corner and began going after him once again. He laughed, purposely swerving in my way every time I tried to pass him.

"Hell yeah! None of y'all ain't seeing me!" He says getting closer to the finish line.

Eric flew across the finish line claiming first place. Cube came in second and I finished third, which meant that I had lost Eric and I's little bet.

I parked my go-kart behind Cube's and sucked my teeth at the fact that Eric was talking mad trash.

Once the workers motioned for us to get up, I unbuckled my seatbelt. I climbed out and grabbed Eric's hand that was in front of me.

I walked ahead of him and through the gate, heading towards the arcade room.

"Looks like you lost our bet." Eric says.

We agreed that whoever lost would treat the winner to lunch today. So I guessed that I would be paying this time. I didn't mind though. It would be our second time sitting down for lunch together and I had been kind of looking forward to it.

The more we spoke, the more I had become comfortable with him. We still had a lot to learn about one another, but he seemed like a cool guy I guess.

Eric opened the door for me and I walked ahead of him. I turned around sure enough he was staring at my backside.

I rolled my eyes. "Can you please stop staring at my butt Eric.?"

He chuckled and licked his lips. "My bad, my bad."

Upon walking in, I made my way towards the counter where Danielle and Shay were standing. I decided to get a few tokens since we would be here a while longer.

Dani was smiling at me like a fool. I looked at her and gave her a look.

"Looks like you two are getting along so much better. Y'all are cute together." She says grabbing her cup of tokens from the counter.

"Whatever." I glanced over at Eric who now busy playing pac-man with Cube. "You know I was kind of quick to judge him. He seems like a pretty decent guy."

Shay looks at me with her an eyebrow raised. "Don't be a fool, remember that guys like him are only after one thing." She grabs her tokens and makes her way towards the games.

Shay's words definitely took me completely by surprise. Just a few weeks ago she was keen on the idea of us getting together. Now it seemed like she had nothing but negative things to say about us hanging out. It's like she made a complete one-eighty.

"I wonder what her problem is." Dani says.

I paid for my tokens and grabbed my cup. "Who knows?"