Three.

(Unedited Chapter, may contain errors.)

Amira

It had been a long day on the road

It had been a long day on the road. Between listening to and writing new music, there wasn't much to do on the road. Besides Shay, Gina, and Danielle, I didn't have anybody to talk to. I finally had a little bit of freedom and time away from home and things weren't going as planned.

My Uncle Jerry always kept me working and in his eyesight. It was a constant cycle of doing sound checks, going through fittings, vocal lessons, meet and greets, taking pictures.

I knew it all came with the job, but I wasn't having any fun on this tour.

On the other hand, my mother hadn't bothered to call or check in with me. But I wasn't completely surprised. And my father? Well that's another story for another day...

"Amira!" Dani loudly says, definitely gaining my attention.

I looked at her. "What?" I asked.

"What's on your mind? You been staring out of that window for the past ten minutes." She says sitting down next to me.

I shook my head and looked at her. "I'm just thinking about some things. That's all." I said.

She folded her arms, looking unconvinced. "You know you been more quiet since everything popped off in Phoenix."

"Oh please. I have better things to think about other than his little, arrogant behind." I said rolling my eyes. "He's an ass."

"I mean Eric isn't completely at fault." She said. "Amira you probably hurt his ego when you shot him down."

Eric was beyond disrespectful towards me. Some men couldn't handle rejection and he was clearly one of them.  I had never had anybody talk to me in that way ever. So when he called me out of my name, it really struck a nerve. Everything I initially thought about him was right. He had absolutely no respect for women or class.

If Gina thought she was gonna hook with me up with him, she was VERY mistaken. After all that's happened, the chance of that ever occurring was zero to none.

His fame meant nothing to me, because I had that and more.

"Men like him only want one thing and I'm not that type of girl." I started.

"How would you know? You didn't even give him a chance." Danielle says.

"Look. Forget him. I don't wanna talk about it, so just drop it." I said in a dismissive tone, giving her a look.

Dani shrugs her shoulders and gets up from the couch. I grabbed my Walkman from the table. I put my headphones over my ears and pressed play.

——

October 1st, 1989

I had begin getting ready for bed, when there was a knock at the door. Tying my robe, I walked over to the hotel door. I looked out of the peep hole first and opened my door. Shay, Gina, and Danielle all filed through the door into my room.