Ten.

(Just a filler chapter! I think its kind of boring personally, but I'm saving all of the good stuff for later. lol. ig)

November 18, 1989
Nashville, TN

Amira

"Don't you think you're being a little over dramatic?" My uncle Jerry asked as we made our way towards the stage. "We don't have time to find a replacement Amira. We need Shayla."

I rolled my eyes. "I said no. I'm not having this discussion anymore. Get someone else." I demanded.

I was still upset about what happened a few days ago. Since then I hadn't bothered to really talk with either of them. I just needed a little space to think about everything. I wasn't angry at them, just really disappointed in all of them.

Well everybody but Shay. I was more than disappointed at her. My uncle Jerry was trying to convince me to keep Shay on for the rest of the tour, but I wasn't budging. She was supposed to be my friend and I don't think she could ever come back from this. Not with me.

"How about she performs tonight and I promise that she'll be gone by tomorrow morning. You can't just fire her the day before the show! Face it, we need her." He argues.

"Amira doesn't need anybody." I shrugged carelessly.

My uncle steps in front of me. "You know I'm getting real sick of this attitude of yours. You act as if the world is gonna end if you don't get your way." He says in a harsh tone. "Now get it together or I'm gonna have you on the next flight home. Okay?"

What's gotten into him lately?

He walks away from me, pissed off. I rolled my eyes and huffed before making my way towards the stage. I smoothed my hands down my short, blue dress and made my way over to Danielle and Gina. It was very awkward being around them after all that's happened. But if I wanted this tour to remain a success, I needed to remain professional with them despite how I felt.

Shay walks up, dressed and ready to go. She stands close enough to hear, but far enough to be at a distance. I cleared my throat and began to speak. "Let's just focus on putting on a great show tonight. Nothing else matters once we hit that stage together."

They all nodded in agreement. I nodded and grabbed my microphone before walking away. Dani was right behind me.

"Yo can we at least talk about all of this?" Dani asks.

I sighed. "I don't have anything to say at the moment Dani."

"Look I wanted to tell you. I should've told you." Danielle says. "But I knew it was gonna hurt you and I didn't want to be the one to do that. Hell, you didn't even give me a chance to explain myself Amira."

I didn't know who I could trust anymore. A lot of the time I felt as if I couldn't trust anyone.

"I was upset in the moment. You can't blame me for feeling the way that I did Danielle. My feelings were hurt."

I knew that Danielle and Gina may have meant well. I'm sure that they wanted to be honest about what was going on. Well at least I hoped that they did. I really liked having them as friends. Plus, I didn't have many.

"I'm sorry." Danielle says throwing her arms around me, which caught me by surprise. Eventually I wrapped my arms around her and returned the favor. "Next time just be honest with me. That's all I ask."

She nods and I pulled back. "We can work through all this later, but right now we have a show to do." I giggled.
________

I fanned myself repeatedly as I stepped off the stage. Tonight I went all out since I was given the job of closing out the show. I think we all did an amazing job. As usual, the energy onstage tonight was absolutely out of this world.