Nineteen.

(A/N: P.O.V's will switch back and forth in this chapter. While it may not make any sense, I felt like doing it this way and I also write scenes better in third person or "omniscient".  Also warning: there is sexual content in this chapter!!)

~ a few days later~

Amira

"Where are you going?" Richard asks walking into the bedroom.

"Out to a party with some friends." I replied, putting in my earrings. "Gina, Dani, Dre, you know pretty much everyone."

"Oh." He says. "Is he going to be there?"

I shrugged. "I'm really not sure but there's no need to worry. I haven't spoken or seen him in months if that's what you're worried about." I said putting the things I needed into my clutch.

I ran my hair through my straightened hair, which definitely suited me better these days in my opinion. I decided to wear a ivory dress with a pair of brown heeled boots. Nothing fancy but I still looked damn good.

"I just don't want to lose you." Richard says wrapping his arms around me. "I love you Amira."

"Everything is going to be fine. Okay?" I said looking at him through the mirror. "I'm going to keep things cordial and that's it."

He pulls away from me and pecks my lips before walking away from me. I grabbed my clutch purse and my keys from the table before heading for the bedroom door. I quickly exited telling him "I'll be back later" before making my way down the stairs and out the door.
__________

"So much for having a press-free night." I said pulling my Aston Martin up to the front of venue.

I guess word got out that a lot of celebrities and important people would be in attendance because there were cameras and reporters everywhere.

Dani shrugs and steps out of the car. I was right behind her, handing my keys to the valet and making my way towards the entrance. I stopped momentarily to answer a few questions, take a few pictures, and sign a couple of autographs. After doing so, I quickly made my way inside with Dani right by my side.

We spotted Gina, Dre, Yella, and Ren over in a roped off section of the place and walked their way. I spoke to everyone there and then to Gina.

"You look so beautiful. Happy birthday babe." I said pulling Gina into a hug.

Her floor length dress was gorgeous and so was she. She was glowing. I was also glad that her and Dre were still together after all this time. Despite a lot of things they managed to keep things going and that's what I loved about them. I was genuinely happy for them.

"Happy birthday honey." Dani says hugging her.

"Thank you. Thank you." She says to both of us. "And don't you two look amazing?"

"Thank you." I said running my hands down my dress.

I scanned the room, kind of distracted from the conversation the two had started to have. I wasn't trying to make it obvious but in all honesty I was looking for Eric. I wasn't sure what I would do or say when I seen him. The nerves and anticipation had already began to build up inside of me. I had this funny feeling in my chest and my stomach was all knotted up just thinking about him.

Was it bad that I kind of wanted to see him tonight?

"Amira what's wrong?" Gina asks snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I'm fine." I started. "I'm going to get a drink." I said quickly making my way towards the bar.

I sat my purse down on the counter and called the bartender over. "Give me something. I don't care what it is but can you please make it strong? Thank you." I said in one breath.