Eleven.

(Lynn Whitfield, "Eleanor", Amira's mother pictured above)

December 1989

Amira

So far, Eric and I had been doing a good job of keeping our "relationship" under wraps. I thought it was best for us to keep things private and between us. Things were finally going good between us and I didn't want anything to get in the way of that. We managed to steal moments together here and there trying to be discreet. A kiss or two as well.

My uncle Jerry wouldn't be happy if he found out what was going on between E and I. I didn't want to be the reason why things went haywire between them, so this was the best thing for now.

The thing that worried me the most was my mother finding out. That's the LAST thing I needed right now.

After giving me a long, heated lecture over the phone a month and a half ago, my mother was finally flying into New York. I was hoping that she and my father would be able to get along for once instead of acting like children. Not likely, but I could only hope.

"You always look like you're somewhere else." Eric says breaking me out of my consuming thoughts.

I sighed. "I just have a lot on my mind right now. Nothing I can't handle though." I said with a smile trying to be convincing.

"This about you and your folks huh? Them being together after all this time?" Eric asks massaging my feet.

"Yeah." I admitted. "But I don't wanna talk about all of that right now. I just want to enjoy some alone time with my man." I tugged at his jacket, pulling him closer to me.

I didn't want to get all sad over things I couldn't control or change. It didn't make sense to do so. Besides, I was definitely going to take advantage of the time we have together.

He lays me back onto the couch, climbing in between my legs. I leaned in for a kiss, pulling him more into my body. It wasn't too long before I felt his lips attack my neck, making me bite my lip. One of his hands was entangled in my hair while the other was fidgeting with the buttons on my blouse. My body began to feel warm in response to his touch and kisses.

When he finally got my shirt unbuttoned, his lips connected with my bare chest almost immediately. I rested my hand on the back of his head as he left kisses all over my skin. A moan escaped my lips, encouraging him to continue.

He throws my shirt to the floor before reaching for the button of my jeans.

Just as things were heating up, there was a knock on the door. Eric and I kept going, too wrapped in what we had going on to stop.

There was another knock but this time it was louder.
"Amira Denise Anderson." I heard my mother's stern voice boom from the other side of my hotel door.

My eyes widened in surprise being that I wasn't expecting my mother for at least another hour or two. I pushed Eric off of me immediately before standing up from the couch. Quickly, I grabbed my shirt from the floor and scrambled to put it on.

"You need to chill." He says making me shush him.

"Just a minute." I yelled while I got myself together.
I motioned for Eric to get up and he rolled his eyes before getting up from the couch.

"You gon leave a nigga bricked up like this?" He whispers making me look down at his erection. I shook my head. "My mother is standing outside Eric. You need to hide." I urged pushing him towards the bedroom.

"Who are you talking to? Amira open up already."

He sucked his teeth in annoyance as he walked over to my bedroom closet. I opened the door and motioned for his stubborn behind to get in.