FAIRY TALES #4 - YUGYEOM

"Are you ready?" your teacher poked her head to your dressing room.

You took a deep breath, smoothing your tutu once more before nodding, "I am." You let her guided you through the hallway toward the backstage.

She patted your back to assure you and smiled when you turned to see her, "Break a leg."

You took a deep breath and closed your eyes before walking on the stage to your position. The rest of the dancers were already in their position. You heard one of the staff counting, one.. two.. three.. before the curtain went up and the music started. Your body started to move following the music. Your dance partner also moved synchronically with you. Then the first part was finished, now it was time for your solo dance. The rest of the dancers went backstage to change their costume while you danced your part. You focused your emotion to portray the feeling so the audience could grab it. Your chest were moving up and down once you've finished your part and then the curtain closed for a bit so the crew could move the background. You didn't dance for the next part, but after changing your costume, you went back on stage for the last part. The audience clapped loudly once the show was finished. The feeling for finishing the show well was overwhelming. You rushed back to your dressing room to get out of your costume and took off your makeup. You felt exhausted but it was worth it. One more day, you said to yourself. You were still taking of your makeup when someone knocked on your door.

"Come in," you called and a man peeked through the door slit.

"Hey, can I come in?" he asked and you waved to let him know that he was allowed to come in.

"Yugyeom!" you hugged him and thanked him for the flower bouquet. "I can't believe you made it."

"Of course I would! I won't miss your show, you know that," he put up a shocked face before hugging you and you returned his hug. "I can't believe you're now a famous ballerina," he shook his head.

"No.. Not famous yet," you corrected him.

"Eeyyy.. Everyone knew your name. You had more shows than the rest of the other solo ballerina around your year. You performed once in New York, you just had to perform once in Russia then the rest of the world will recognize your name," he pointed.

You blushed and let him sit on the couch while you went back removing your makeup. You two exhanged conversation while you removed your makeup. He told you about his group and his latest activities while you told him your upcoming show.

If anyone knew, no one would ever believe that you were once went to the same dance class with Yugyeom. Back when you were still toddler. Then growing up, you pursed ballet while he decided that freestyle dancing was more of his style. Then he joined as trainee at JYP while you started your career as solo ballerina. Even though both of you rarely saw each other, but you still kept in touch. You would send him the ticket of your ballet show and he would sometimes sent you their concert ticket.

"Won't you overworked yourself? It was just two months ago that you had a show," Yugyeom suddenly came into your dressing room after knocking twice. He didn't even let you to answer before going in.

"I can say the same about you. World tour in 6 months? And then another comeback when you're just arrived back in Korea?" you retorted and he smiled.

"Well, I have no choice. Until we finished our contract, the company got all the saying. We just have to go with it," he sighed. "You, on the other hand, have the freedom to choose and yet, you choose to overworked yourself. Are you okay?" he sounded concerned. Now, you regretted for removing your makeup straight after the show. Yugyeom frowned when he saw the shadow under your eyes and how thin you were now that he was in front of you. Three months later, he barged in your dressing room, surprising you.