BEGINNING TO FOREVER (JINYOUNG)- pt. 5

Confession

After that incident, Jinyoung decided to switch partner with Mark so you were with Mark while he was with Jackson. It confused you much why he acted this way. You tried to dismiss it but it bugged you. Mark was quick to catch up, though you didn't say anything to him, he knew something was bugging your mind.

"What's wrong with you and Jinyoung? Did you two fight?" he asked when you were eating dinner together in a haste, as you still had to go back to the ER after dinner.

"Did he say that?" you were reluctant to answer since you didn't know why Jinyoung avoided you.

"No. But even the blind can see. You two are inseparable from the start, so if he's asking for a switch, then something must've happened."

You sighed, "I don't know. You should ask him yourself," completely ignoring the fact that Mark pointed that you two were inseparable.

"What are you two anyway? Are you two a thing?" Mark asked curiously. Last time he checked, you two were not in a relationship, but since the beginning, you two were always together. You said that because you often were in the same group as Jinyoung so you had no choice but to be with him most of the time. But then, Jinyoung helped you with after school as well. You were basically his study buddy and the only girl that managed to be by his side after all this years.

"No, we're not," you answered.

"But you're the only girl that managed to stay by his side all these years. He even made sure Jackson didn't touch you during our physical examination lab," Mark pointed.

"Well, ain't that just Jinyoung? He has this gentleman front that he has to maintain," you scoffed.

"I don't see him going the extra length for other girls though," Mark frowned. You suddenly remembered Jinyoung said the exact same thing.

"Wait, he said something similar," you stopped and Mark turned to face you.

"Why don't you tell me what's exactly happened so I can help you?" he offered nicely. You then started to tell him about the incident that happened on your last duty with Jinyoung. Up until he was furious and saying the same thing that Mark said just now. You looked dumbfounded when Mark laughed once you finished telling him your story.

"Oh sorry," he clutched his stomach while trying to calm himself down, "I can't believe you're that dense. Oh well, I guess this might be our last time being a partner. As much as I like not being with Jackson anymore, I think it'd be better if I went back to my suffering and ended yours. I believe your old partner must be suffering right now. Not just because of Jackson, but because he's dying inside for not being able to be with you. I'll refuse his request from now, so get ready to face Jinyoung again," he said, leaving you without warning and got back to the ER.

Mark really meant what he said yesterday. The next duty, you found yourself being partnered with Jinyoung again. He didn't try to speak to you and you didn't bother to strike a conversation. Luckily, the resident gave you two separate jobs so you didn't have to face him nor talk to him. However, bad luck seemed to follow you everywhere. You were helping your resident with another delirium patient. He was kicking and pulling his arms and legs everywhere, trying to fight the restraint. You were on his right leg, trying to tie his ankle to one of the end of the bed. But even though he got three more people holding him, he was still stronger than you. He managed to kick his right leg as hard as he could, sending you backward and slumped to the wall behind you after crashing the cart, making a loud noise when it fell from the impact. The others startled a bit but they got back to holding the patient again and just asked whether you were okay.

"I'm okay," you quickly got to your feet and tried to resume your position only to see Jinyoung cut you and secured the patient's right leg. As he was stronger than you, his additional strength helped the team subdue the patient quicker and then he turned to face you.