Chapter 50

Loki and I spent the day at my parents house until finally going home around seven at night. I kicked off my shoes as I walked through the front door. I went straight up to mine and Loki's shared room, flopping down on the bed and smushing my face into the cool, soft pillows. Loki followed after me and laid down beside me, draping an arm over my back. I turned onto my side and wiggled up against him, pressing my back to his chest and sighing contently.

"Tired?" He asked, softly kissing my temple.

I nodded and leaned into his touch.

"Go to sleep, darling."

"I don't wanna leave you though." I whimpered, rolling around in his arms and pressing my face into his clothed chest.

"I'll be fine." He assured.

"Are you sure?"

He nodded, "You can rest now, my love."

"I love you."

He pressed a kiss to my forehead. His eyes were glossy and brimmed with tears. It wasn't until after I closed my eyes that he let them fall.

...

"I love you too." Loki whispered.

He pressed a kiss to my now cold forehead as tears slipped down his face. He gripped one of my hands between both of his and kissed the backs of my fingers with quivering lips.

"You can rest now, my love." He spoke quietly, his voice breaking ever so slightly.

It was a minute before he sniffed and let go of my hand, quickly wiping the tears off his face and glancing back at me. He pressed his eyes shut and his lips into a tight line before prying himself away from me and out of the room.

Not everyone's life turns out the way they expect. When we're kids, our parents tell us stories which all have happy endings. What they didn't tell us, was that those happy endings were far from reality and that not everything turns out the way we hoped. What they should have warned us about, was that not everyone gets a happy ending.