Chapter 44

At some point, I gave into my exhaustion and fell asleep with my head buried in Loki's shirt and my arms wrapped tightly around him. Falling asleep wasn't an issue; staying asleep was. Half of the night was spent pushing Loki away from me and curling up under the blankets because I was too cold. And the other half was spent practically laying on top of him because I got too hot with the blankets on.

I rolled over and pressed my back to Loki's side, wiggling up against him and smushing my face into the pillow. Loki rolled over and pressed his back to my chest, draping an arm over my waist and stomach lazily as he pressed a kiss to the back of my neck.

"You okay?" He mumbled against my skin.

I'm fine. I groaned.

"Are you sure?" He asked, rubbing his hand up and down my arm.

I said I'm fine. Now will you please shut the fuck up?! I snapped, not actually meaning it to come out as angrily as it did.

Loki seemed taken aback slightly by the aggressiveness in my tone. I sighed and rolled around in his arms, pressing my face into his t-shirt covered chest.

Sorry. My head feels like it's going to explode and you were talking too loud.

He tightened his arms around me and drew circles with his forefinger on my clothed back. I pulled back quickly and turned my head away from him before sneezing twice. My head throbbed with the pressure and I whined silently before burying my head back into his chest.

There was a flicker of green magic before Loki was pulling away and handing me something. He flicked on the lamp that was on the nightstand beside my bed so I could see what he was giving me. In one of his hands, was a glass of water. In the other, there was a couple pills. I eyed him curiously.

"They're for your head." He informed.

I took them from him and sat up, tipping my head back and throwing the pills into my mouth before taking a fairly large drink of the water. I handed him the glass and he sat it on the nightstand, flicking the light back off as he laid back down.

"You laying back down? It's only two in the morning right now." He said.

I rubbed my eyes and yawned before laying back down on my stomach and practically laying on top of him. He chuckled lightly and wrapped his arms around me, pressing a kiss to the top of my head as I tangled one of my hands into his hair.

I'm not going to be able to sleep, but I don't feel like getting up.

He nodded and rested his chin on top of my head. After a few minutes, I felt his breathing slow and his body relax against mine. I sighed and pressed my nose farther into his neck, closing my eyes and attempting to at least sleep for a little while longer. Sure enough, about a half an hour later, I drifted into a light slumber, still laying on top of Loki.

...

I woke to the sound of my door opening. I opened my eyes and was met by the blinding bright light that is the sun. I snapped my eyes back shut and pulled the blankets over my head. I sniffed and buried my face back into my pillows.

The sound of footsteps approached the side of my bed. I pulled the blanket back enough to look at Loki. He flashed me a small smile and sat down on the edge of the bed, leaning down and placing a soft kiss on my temple.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

Like shit. I groaned.

He frowned lightly and grabbed a tray from beside him. I sat up and leaned back against the headboard of my bed, looking over the items on the tray.

"I brought soup, tea, orange juice, and drugs." He spoke, trying to make me feel better in any way he could.

I smiled lightly and took the medicine before drinking some of the tea and looking back up to Loki.

"Please eat."

I'm not hungry.

"You have to eat something."

Says who?

He sighed and sat the tray on my desk before coming back over and sitting next to me.

"You'll have to eat eventually." He spoke.

I will. I'm sick, cut me some slack.

He leaned down for a kiss and I pushed him away.

Did you not listen to what I just said? I'm sick. No kisses.

"I don't get sick as easily as mortals." He informed.

Lucky.

He leaned back down and captured my lips with his before I could push him away again. I smiled lightly against his lips before pulling away.

"How are you feeling now?"

Still like shit, but a little better. Maybe you should do that a few more times just to see. I smirked.

He laughed and connected our lips once more, this time letting lasting longer than before. I pulled away for a second for air before kissing him again. Eventually, we broke the kiss and I laid back in his arms.

And that's how the day was spent. Laying together and watching movies, sharing occasional kisses during certain parts. By the end of the day, I was still feeling like shit, although, I thought I was getting somewhat better. However, that all changed when I coughed up blood.