Chapter 24

I smiled lightly at my phone before realizing what I was doing and put my walls back up, blocking out the emotion I was feeling and turning my phone off.

"Was that a smile?" Loki smirked, stepping out of the door way and closer to me.

No. I thought, shooting him a glare.

"Yes it was."

No, it wasn't.

I got up from where I was sitting and pulled my boots off, placing them in the closet with the rest of my shoes before walking back out into my bedroom.

I'm going to take a shower so are you going to keep standing there, or are you going to go find something better to do? I raised my eyebrows at him.

He looked at me for a second before narrowing his eyes.

I'm not going to sneak out the window or anything.

He stared at me for a few more seconds.

Leave.

"Fine." Loki shot me a glare and left the room.

I closed the door and locked it before heading into my bathroom, also shutting the door and locking it. I turned on the water to the shower, allowing it to warm up while I took out my piercings and jewelry. I stripped off my clothes and tossed them into the hamper. I hopped into the shower, letting the warm water relieve my tensed muscles.

I quickly washed my hair and body and turned off the water, getting out of the shower and wrapping a towel around my body, as well as on top of my head to dry my hair enough to where it wouldn't soak my shirt.

I unlocked the bathroom door and opened it, making my way out of the bathroom and into the closet. I pulled on a deep red long sleeved shirt with a pair of black sweatpants and socks. I took the towel off my head and walked out of the closet. I tossed my dirty towels into the hamper and turned to look at myself in the mirror.

The mirror was fogged up from the heat that radiated from the warm water of my shower. I pulled my sleeve over my hand and wiped off the reflective surface before letting my sleeve fall back at my wrist and placing both my hands on either side of the sink. I looked up at myself in the mirror and jumped at the reflection looking back at me.

In the background of my reflection, were the two figures of my dead parents. Their faces were pale and narrow. Blood was spilling out of their necks and their eyes were staring at me coldly.

I pressed my eyes shut tightly and shook my head, trying to force the image out of my brain. I opened my eyes and looked at my reflection again. They were gone. I sighed and rolled my sleeves up, turning on the tap to the sink and splashing my face with cold water.

I looked back up to my reflection one last time to make sure they were really gone; they were. I let out another sigh and swallowed the lump in my throat.

I dryed my face off and walked out of the bathroom. I turned off the light to the bathroom and my bedroom before standing in the center of the room. I looked around at the slightly bare space and walked over to my bed, pulling back the covers and slipping underneath them.

I flicked on the lamp that was sitting on the nightstand to my right. Opening the drawer to the nightstand, I pulled out the necklace, grasping onto it tightly and stroking the pad of my thumb across the rings before putting it back into the drawer and closing it.

I grabbed my phone and turned it on, unlocking it and looking at my notifications. I had two messages from Charlie and a missed FaceTime call from her as well. I clicked on the message nofications and read through them.

Charlie: Wanted to call you to ensure you were still okay

Charlie: Are you?

Me: I was in the shower. I'm fine.

I closed out of my messaging app only to get another notification from it.

Charlie: I'm FaceTiming you

Me: Don't I have a say in this?

Charlie: no.

I rolled my eyes and Charlie's face soon popped up on the screen. I answered the call.

What am I doing? Why am I trusting her?

"She lives!" She yelled from the other end of the call.

I propped my phone up with my pillow so that she could see my hands before giving her a slight wave.

"How is it?"

"Hell." I signed.

She gave a small laugh.

"Is that Y/n?" Sam's voice rang through the other end of the call before he popped into frame. "Hey, Y/n."

I gave a little wave again.

"Go call your boyfriend or something." Charlie spoke, pushing Sam out of the chair next to her and making him fall on the floor.

Sam let out a grunt and stood up.

"He's not my boyfriend." Sam mumbled, his voice growing distant as he walked farther away from the phone.

I didn't sign anything, just sat there, my lips pressed into a tight line as I watched the two. Charlie turned back to face me.

"When are you leaving New York?" I signed.

"Tomorrow." She replied.

I nodded.

"How's hell?" She asked.

I cracked a smile and let out a silent laugh.

"Boring. I have a fucking babysitter who follows me around like a puppy because nobody here trusts me. You kill some people and suddenly you're deemed untrustworthy." I signed.

"Who's the babysitter? Can I see them?"

"He's not here right now. I kicked him out."

"Thinking about me?" Loki spoke, suddenly appearing in the room.

What the hell, dude?! A simple knock would suffice! I thought, shooting him a glare.

"Y/n?" Charlie called.

"I have to go. Bye, Charlie." I signed, hanging up the call before she could protest.

I turned off my phone and tossed it beside me before shooting a look to Loki and crossing my arms.

"Who was that?" He asked.

A friend. Get out.

"I didn't know you had friends." He teased.

I huffed and rolled my eyes.

Do you need something?

"No."

With that, and a flash of green magic, he vanished.

Fucker.

"I heard that." Loki yelled from down the hall.