Chapter 21

I walked through the various hallways of the compound, trecking slowly behind Loki as he walked me to my new room. He stopped in front of a doorway and gestured for me to walk in. I looked up at him.

I'm not going in there first. I thought.

"I'm not going to attack you from behind." He assured.

Still not going in first.

"Well I'm not going in first either."

We glared at each other for a solid minute or two before Romanoff walked past.

"How about you both go in at the same time?" She suggested, brushing past us and not saying another word.

I looked at her out of the corner of my eye before going back to staring at Loki. I stepped forward and we both turned sideways, moving through the doorway. We paused for a second, standing mere inches away from each other.

Don't get any ideas, Princess. I thought.

"Now why would I do that?" He asked, smirking slightly.

I rolled my eyes and brushed past him, walking into the room, but making sure my back was never turned to him. I scoped out the room, checking for anything suspicious before taking into account the furniture.

The walls were a pale gray color, the typical canvases with leaves painted on them hanging on the walls. The bed was queen sized with basic white sheets and a white comforter. There was a TV mounted to the wall just beneath the large windows which stood right at my eyeline and another strip of glass above the bed which I couldn't see out of. I would have to stand on the bed and jump to see out of those damn things.

What's the point of having windows if you can't even look out of them?

There was a desk sitting up against one of the walls closer to the door, an office chair sitting in front of it. It had a lamp and laptop sitting on top of it and a bulletin board hanging above it. There was a small walk in closet and a bathroom as well.

I'm redecorating. I informed.

"I figured." Loki replied.

Where is my suit? And my katanas?

"Katanas are in the weapons room. Your suit is in the dresser in the closet."

I gave him a side eye before slowly walking into the closet. Sure enough, my suit was in there. I walked back out of the closet and out of the room, quickly walking down to where the weapons room was. I walked in and grabbed my katanas off of the table, unsheathing them to make sure they were okay before resheathing them and walking out of the room.

I went back up to my room and placed them on my desk. Loki had been following me the entire time and I ignored him. I walked over to the bed and sat down on the end of it.

I don't need a babysitter. You can leave now.

"I'm not leaving." Loki stated.

 I sighed and stood up, shooting him a glare as I walked over to the desk and grabbed the laptop. I sat back down on the bed, this time pressing my back against the wall and sitting the laptop in my lap. Loki sat on the floor, his back against the wall across from me and his feet crossed as he materialized a book into his hands.

I spent the next half an hour shopping for things to make this room look less like a nursing home and more like something that reflected my personality.

I pulled out a shiny gold card from the pocket of my jeans and typed the numbers that were on the card into the computer before placing the order and closing the laptop. I stood up and placed the laptop back on the desk.

"Where did you get that?" Loki asked as I was about to slip the card back into my pocket.

I snagged it from Stark's wallet when he wasn't looking earlier. I smirked, admiring the sparkling gold card before pocketing it.

Loki hid a smirk behind his book. I flopped down on the bed and let out a sigh. Loki eyed me from above his book before resuming reading.

"Are you dead?" He asked, not looking back up at me.

Only on the inside. I thought.

I huffed and sat up, looking over to him and narrowing my eyes.

I'm going to raid the kitchen. You guys do eat foot, right?

"Yes, we eat food." He spoke, continuing to read and not looking up.

Bye!

I turned on my heels and walked out of the room, jamming my hands into my pockets as I made my way to the kitchen. I was looking out the large windows to my right when I ran into something. I looked up and scoffed while rolling my eyes.

"What, you didn't think that you were actually going alone, did you?" Loki smirked.

Move.

"Why should I?"

Because I can cut off your dick and slit your throat in point two quick seconds if you don't. I flashed him a fake smile.

"Aggressive much?"

Me? Aggressive? Nooo.

I brushed past Loki and removed my hands from my pockets as I resumed my trip to the kitchen. Loki followed quickly beside me.

"Turn right." Loki suggested.

Why?

"Because that's where the kitchen is."

I knew that.

I turned right and sure enough, the kitchen was right there. I walked over to the fridge and pulled out a bottle of water. I closed the fridge and looked through the pantry for any actual, non-protien packed food. I pulled out a box of Pop Tarts and pulled one out, taking them out of the wrapper and popping them into the toaster.

"I would advise against eating those." Loki suggested.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm good.

After a minute, the toaster popped up and I placed the Pop Tarts on a plate. I hopped up onto the counter, letting my feet hang off the edge and placing the plate in my lap. I took a bite of the Pop Tart and closed my eyes, sighing at the warmth and tastiness of the pastry.

"Are they actually that good?" Loki asked, breaking my trance and reaching for one of the Pop Tarts. I smacked his hand and shot him a glare.

Touch me or my food and I'll kill you.

"Noted." He responded, rubbing his hand where I hit him.