Chapter 40

"I'm a phoenix!"
"I HEARD YOU THE FIRST TIME....I'M JUST SHOCKED YOU FINALLY TOLD US!!!"
"I COULDN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!! HOW FUCKING DARE THEY LIE AFTER ALL THOSE BASTARDS DID!!!! I SHOULD HAVE KILLED THEM WHEN I HAD THE CHANCE!!!"
"CALM DOWN!!! IT'S GETTING WAY TO HOT IN HERE!!!"
"I CAN'T...NOT AFTER WHAT I JUST READ!!!"
I started to cry. My mom went over and hugged me. I heard my mom take a deep breath and she then said,
"Why are you so upset and angry after reading that....wait....you said you were a phoenix right?"
My brother also took a deep breath and said,
"What does her being a phoenix have to do with this?!"
"It has everything to do with why she's so upset! Phoenixs get reborn after death right? Well what if her life before this, she was that werewolf in that book? The reason she's so angry is because they lied about things in that book...I would be angry too if someone lied about my life in a book and didn't say it was a lie!"
"Oh that makes sense!"
"So am I right, my daughter?"
"Yes you are right! THAT FUCKING BASTARD, THAT ELDER LIED!!! HE PRETENDED HE WAS THE GOOD GUY WHEN HE AGREED WITH EVERYTHING THE WEREWOLVES SAID!!! HE KICKED MY FAMILY OUT OF THE PACK RESULTING IN THEIR DEATHS!!! HOW FUCKING DARE HE LIE ABOUT THAT AFTER ALL HE FUCKING DONE!!!! THEN THEY EVEN LIED ABOUT HOW I DIED!!! WAS MY DEATH A FUCKING JOKE TO THEM?!"
"How did you die then?!"
"I KILLED MYSELF!!!!"
"WHAT?!"
"I COULDN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE...EVERYONE I CARED ABOUT DIED...WHAT WAS THERE TO LIVE FOR?! TO BE HONEST AFTER MY SISTER DIED FROM HUNTERS IT WAS LIKE LOSING A PART OF MYSELF..... I WOULD HAVE KILLED MYSELF THEN IF I DIDN'T PROMISE MY SISTER I WOULD TAKE CARE OF MY PARENTS!!! IT WAS ALREADY SO FUCKING LONELY WITH ONLY THREE PEOPLE TO TALK TO BUT WHEN MY SISTER DIED I HAD NO ONE TO PLAY WITH AND NOW HAD ONLY TWO PEOPLE TO TALK WITH!!! IT WAS SO FUCKING HORRIBLE....THE ONLY THING THAT KEPT ME GOING WAS THAT PROMISE BUT I COULN'T EVEN KEEP THAT PROMISE!!!"
I sighed and continued to say,
"One thing they didn't lie about is that they made sure no one went through what my family went through but THEY FUCKING LIED WHAT I SAID TO THEM BEFORE I DIED THOUGH!!! I NEVER FUCKING THANKED THEM...THOSE BASARDS HAD THE AUDACITY TO ASK IF I WANTED TO LIVE WITH THEM.....AFTER THOSE BASTARDS PRETTY MUCH KILLED MY FAMILY!!!! DID THEY REALLY THINK I WOULD LIVE WITH THEM?! THE ONLY FUCKING REASON I DIDNT KILL THEM WAS BECAUSE MY PARENTS ASKED ME NOT TO!!! NOW I WISH I DID AFTER THEY PRETTY MUCH FUCKING LIED ABOUT WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!!!! THE ONLY THING THAT KEPT ME LIVING WAS MY PARENTS BUT SINCE THEY DIED I HAD NOTHING TO LIVE FOR SO I KILLED MYSELF!!!! THEN I FOUND OUT I COULDN'T EVEN DIE....I JUST WANTED TO SEE MY FAMILY AGAIN AND NOW I CAN'T!!! You know what's funny?! I FOUND OUT WHAT I FINALLY WAS AFTER I DIED!!!"
My mom then said,
"It's okay...we are always going to be here with you!"
After my mom said something I finally calmed down a little to actually pay attention to my surroundings. I then noticed everyone was hugging me! Dad rubbed my back and said,
"Shhhh it's okay now...we love you so much and we won't let anything bad happen to you!"
My brother then said,
"I agree with mom and dad. You also are the best sister I could ask for! I'm so glad you are here with us!"
Asher then said,
"Even though I'm not really your brother you are so nice to me and I could never thank you enough for that!"
I took a deep breath and finally felt calm. I smiled at them and said,
"I could never ask for a better family and friend than you guys! Thank you so much for being here with me! You finally helped me calm down!"
I chuckled and continued to say,
"Sorry for making it so hot in here! I really didn't want to hurt you but I was just so upset I couldn't control my magic!"
Mom smiled at me and said,
"That's okay! We know you didn't mean it!"
Hmmm that's weird I thought I was sitting down at a table! I looked around me and saw the table and chairs were ash!!! I chuckled nervously and said,
"I think we need a new table...."
Dad laughed and said,
"Seems like it! That table was getting pretty old anyways! It's totally fine!"
"Well I'm glad it's not such a big deal then!"
I sighed and said,
"I wish I told you this sooner...it actually made me feel better finally telling people what happened to me! I knew none of you wouldn't care I was a phoenix...I just thought it wasn't fair for my first family when they never found out what I was!"
My brother then said,
"It's okay! I'm glad you finally told us! Asher was right, you had a good reason not to tell us!"
I smiled at him and said,
"I'm glad you think so..."
Dad then said,
"I bet it felt like you were replacing your first family for us...it's no wonder you didn't tell us!"
"Well it did seem pretty wrong but I knew my first family would want me to be happy! That's why I thought it was fine to have another family...."
Mom smiled at me and said,
"Well I'm glad you are fine with us being your family! I'm so glad we adopted you! You are the best daughter I could ask for!"
"I'm glad I'm in your family too!"
My brother looked sad and said,
"I always wondered why you got so upset when we got attacked by werewolves when we were younger but now I know! I bet it reminded you when your sister got killed by hunters!"
I said sadly,
"Pretty much...The ring of fire happened too! It was after it was to late though...she sacrificed herself for my sake! She pushed me out of the way from an arrow coming toward me...I should have died but instead but she did! IF ONLY WE KNEW I WAS A PHOENIX THEN I COULD HAVE DIED AND I WOULD COME BACK LATER!!! Well to be honest even if she knew she still would have pushed me out of the way...that's the kind of person she was!"
"Your sister sounds amazing!"
"She was...if only we were close to the werewolf village! If so I bet the hunters would never come to close to the village! My sister would have been alive and my parents would easily get over the cold with the medicine! We could have had a happy life but instead we didn't because my mom was different! There was nothing wrong with her!!!"
"At least the werewolves learned from their mistakes! Everything makes sense now like how you were great at fighting and why you had no idea what hide and seek was or what tag was! You had no other werewolves to play with other than your sister!"
"Well we actually played those games but we called it something different...we had no one to tell us what those games were after all!"
"That makes sense!"
I was about to say something else but then a werewolf opened the door and rushed in! He said,
"SIR THE VAMPIRE KING IS HERE!!!"
Dad then yelled,
"WHAT?!"