Chapter 14

I said,
"Well even if you don't live very long doesn't mean you won't have a good life!"
Akela then said,
"That's true. Thanks for saying that!"
"You're welcome. I don't want to see my new friends sad!"
They both smiled at us and Artic said,
"I'm glad we are friends too! Also I wanted to say this for a while now but both your fur are so beautiful, you're so lucky!"
I looked at Silver and she looked surprised. I guess my face looked surprised too because Akela said,
"What are you so surprised about?"
I then said,
"You see there hasn't been any werewolf with our fur so other werewolves call us freaks and think we are cursed!"
"What?! That's mean!!!! You just look a little different from them! It doesn't mean you're cursed!"
"Yep I know but I bet they are just scared of the unknown and that's why they think that!"
"I guess but that's still not right! Wait....is that why you're so deep into the woods? I thought you went far from where your other pack members live but is your home actually close to here?"
"Yep. It's not far away from here. We came here to actually see my reflection because I turned into a wolf for the first time and I wanted to see what I looked like!"
"That makes sense. I'm guessing your parents are the only ones that live with you two?"
"Yep so it's great to finally have someone to talk to other than our parents. All the other pups won't play with us because of what we look like!"
"Well then I'm even more glad we are your friends then!"
"So is there anything else you want to know about werewolves?"
"Yep! We have A LOT of questions!"
Silver and I laughed.
A couple hours later.....
Wow, we talked for a long time! It was pretty fun to finally talk to someone other than my family! Don't get me wrong I love them but I sometimes wish I could talk to someone other than them!
I then said,
"This is really fun talking to you! Thanks for being our friends!"
Artic then said,
"I'm glad we finally know about werewolves! Thanks for answering all our questions even the stupid ones!"
We all laughed but before we could go on I heard lots of growling! We were so entranced in talking I totally forgot to pay attention to what was happening around us! We all turned to where the sounds were coming from and saw a lot of different colored wolves growling at us! The biggest wolf said,
"Stay away from our pups you freaks!!!"
Akela and Artic looked shocked and Akela said,
"What are you doing here dad?"
"SAVING YOU! Get away from them!!!!"
Artic then said,
"But they haven't done anything to us! They are our friends!"
"NO THEY ARE NOT! WEREWOLVES ARE DANGEROUS CREATURES!!!! They will attack you if you even come to close"
I sighed and said,
"Well I heard that wolves always attacked us for no reason at all. We didn't do anything. My parents said that wolves hate werewolves for some reason. If we really wanted to attack them we would have done so hours ago!"
"HOURS?! YOU HAVE BEEN WITH OUR PUPS FOR THAT LONG!!!"
"Yep and we still didn't attack them! We aren't a threat!"
"That doesn't mean anything! You might do it later! COME HERE PUPS!!! If you don't want us to attack you werewolves, give back my pups to us! We followed our pups scent here! You're lucky we have a great sense of smell!"
Akela then said,
"BUT...."
I interrupted her and said sadly,
"You should go. I can tell they will attack us if you don't go with them!"
"Well I'll see you later then I guess!"
The wolf growled and said,
"No you won't see them again! I won't let you go near these freaks ever again!!! They are dangerous!!!"
"But dad..."
"No buts! If you come here again I will attack your so-called friends!"
Akela and Artic looked at us sadly and Artic said,
"I'm sorry I thought we could be friends but I guess not."
I sighed and said,
"I wish we could, but I guess that will never happen! I'll miss you!"
"I'll miss you too!"
Akela then said,
"Bye guys....I wish we could stay but my parents are way too overprotective!"
I chuckled and said,
"Our parents can get like that sometimes too. I understand your pain!"
They ran to their pack but they looked at us one last time and I could tell how sad they were about leaving us! All the pack ran quickly away and I sighed. My sister nuzzled me and said,
"It's okay! At least we have each other!"
I smiled at her slightly and said,
"That's true but I wish we had other people to talk to!"
"I do too but some things can't happen and I guess that is one of them! But you know what would make us feel better?"
"What could possibly make me feel better right now?"
"Seeing our parents' reactions to your wolf form! Their faces will be priceless!"
I chuckled and said,
"I guess that might make me feel a little better! You know me so well!"
"You are my little sister! Of course I would know!"
I laughed and said,
"Very true!"
We ran in silence on the way back. We both were probably thinking about what just happened. As we could see our house Silver said,
"Hide behind this tree and when I say so, come out! They might not even know who you are! I don't think they would ever guess that you could turn into a wolf!"
"That's true!"
Silver ran to the house and yelled,
"Mom, dad I have something important to show you!"
I heard them walk over and open the door. Mom said,
"What is it? Wait, why are you in your wolf form?"
"You will see. Follow me."
I heard them get closer where I was and Silver said,
"Come on out!"
I walked around the tree and when they saw me my dad said,
"Who is this?"
"I would think you would know your own daughter."
"Huh? What do you mean?"
"This is Flameheart!"
"WHAT?! HOW IS SHE A WOLF?!"