Chapter 8

2 years later....
It's been a while since Jarin and Thea adopted me and nothing really important has happened so far. I'm really bored and I'm so glad I can finally talk to them today. I did try to talk last night like I always do before I go to bed and I finally could! I almost yelled in joy but it was pretty late and I didn't want my parents to wake up! I've been thinking of what to say to them for a very long time. I did have two years to think about it after all! I thought up the perfect thing to say! We were sitting on a towel in the middle of the woods near the house. There was a basket of food next to dad. Mom said,
"Where is Silver? Is she coming later?"
My dad then said,
"Well Silver and Flameheart were playing all day yesterday and she's pretty tired out. I didn't want to wake her up. Don't worry, I did put out a note saying where we are. If she woke up and we weren't at the house she might think something bad happened to us. I didn't want to worry her. You never know, maybe she will join us when she eventually wakes up."
"That would be nice."
That's good. I actually wanted to talk to them alone for this. I do have stuff I found out that a young kid shouldn't know and I want to talk about it. Their faces when they find out that I heard everything they said would be hilarious!
Mom continued to say,
"You remembered to bring all our favorite food and to to bring Flameheart's food right?"
Dad sighed and said,
"I know. I did forget sometimes but can you blame me? Don't worry I remembered this time to bring her food!"
Well I would have been pretty mad if YOU FORGOT AGAIN!
"Well I guess I see why you would forget. Bringing fire for Flameheart to eat. It is a hard thing to remember. I haven't heard of anyone that eats fire!"
"Yep. I remember you freaking out because we fed Flameheart everything we could think of but she was still hungry! We were afraid she could die of starvation! But then our smart daughter said maybe Flameheart eats fire. She said even if we didn't believe her that the egg was absorbing the fire before we could at least try to feed her it."
"Yep I remember that clearly. I thought it was a crazy idea but we tried everything already and nothing worked. Even if it was a crazy idea we needed to take the risk. We didn't want her to die!"
"And it actually worked! We were so relieved! Well at least we don't have to give food to Flameheart. It's very hard enough to hunt and get enough food for the three of us! The only problem is that we have to get twice the amount of firewood because she needed to eat fire."
Ugggg of course that's the only thing he cares about! He doesn't really want me here. He thinks it would be a lot easier if I wasn't here! This is why I don't like him that much!
"That was mean to say! You should care about Flameheart too!"
This is why I love my mom. She always stands up for me and is very nice!
"Well I do care about her. It's just sometimes hard to take care of her!"
"That's not a good excuse at all! I wish we could go to the village to sell things for money and get food that way but you know how they feel about us! They won't even sell anything to us because they call us cursed! We even tried different villages and they called us freaks and said to get away from them because we are cursed!"
"I think it's a perfect excuse!"
I sighed and coughed. They looked towards me and dad said,
"Are you okay? Did something get stuck in your throat?"
I then said,
"Why are you even asking me that when it seems like you don't care about me at all! This is why I really don't like you!"
Their eyes widened and they looked shocked. I laughed and said,
"Your reaction was totally priceless!"
"YOU CAN TALK IN PERFECT SENTENCES?! A TWO YEAR OLD CAN'T DO THAT!!!"
"Well of course I can. I've been thinking of sentences ever since I was in that stupid egg!"
"WAIT DOES THAT MEAN YOU COULD UNDERSTAND US THE WHOLE TIME?!"
"Well yep. Why do you think I always glared at you when you try to pick me up or start to cry if you actually do? Why would I like someone who wanted to leave me to die? You only care about your family and if my mom didn't say anything I bet you would have left me there! It was extremely boring in that egg and everything was dark. I had nothing to play with. You know how happy I was when I heard you talking? Even if I couldn't say anything back at least I had something to do while being stuck in that egg. Then you almost left me to die!!!! I would have waited in the pitch darkness being really bored and then probably eventual died. That's a horrible way to go! Also I think you should take deep breaths. Screaming at me is giving me a headache."
I saw my parents take deep breaths and dad said,
"I'm so sorry! I didn't know you could hear us! I would have been more careful of what I said around you! I don't want to upset you! I'll try to be a better dad in the future!"
I glared at him and said,
"You better be or I will never forgive you for all the things you said and done!"
Mom chuckled and said,
"You definitely deserved that! You just got totally owned by a two year old!"
Dad glared at her and said,
"You didn't have to say that!!!"
I laughed and said,
"Good one mom!"
Mom said,
"I think we should tell Silver that you could always understand her! She actually was right about you! I bet she will be overjoyed finding that out!"
"Actually she already knows!"
"WHAT?!"