34

Valerie eventually finished the waffles as Fezco and Ashtray looked at her. They realised that they had put her through so much with her living here, they felt bad for being so protective but they needed to be because they were both scared of losing her. Fezco saw her as a little sister and he didn't want anyone to hurt his family.

Valerie stood up setting the plate down on the coffee table. "I'm leaving if you guys don't tell me why you didn't kill him." Valerie said as serious as ever. "Fuck..okay kid, listen we didn't kill him because we couldn't. It was a party and also because the father threatened us kid, he might be in jail but that motherfucker powerful." Fezco explained, Valerie sat down frowning knowing they were right. "I understand.." Valerie nodded as Ash hugged onto her rubbing her leg. "I love you ma..i would've killed that bitch if i had the chance..He's a fuckin' creep" Ash said reassuring her. Fezco and Lexi nodded at eachother deciding to leave the two alone. "I love you too Ash..i just..it's difficult." Valerie said tearing up. "It's stressful i love you guys..but sometimes i miss my dad, even if he was a dick. He took care of me, even if he didn't love me..he gave me a good life back in California." Ash understood where she was coming from.

Valerie and Ash decided to go to his room, they both sat down and immediately embsreced eachother again. Ashtray's love language was clearly physical touch, that's just how he was. Valerie and Ash were both opposites but did have a few things in common which is what made them so attached to eachother. Valerie understood Ashtray and he understood her.

It was the next day, Valerie was getting ready for school. Just a casual outfit would do since she didn't really wanna go and get all dressed up like she normally did. Valerie just wanted to hang out with her friends and get her mind off of things. Valerie got dressed as she sat on the bed putting her shoes on as Ash put his hand on her back grumbling. "Maaa do you really have to leave for school..?" Valerie rolled her eyes smiling slightly. "Yes, yes i do Ash." Valerie said standing up getting her bag ready. She only had a few classes. "Can't you stay a lil longer ma.." Ashtray said sitting up as he stood up, he had no shirt on and just boxers since that's how he slept. "Yes Ash, now I'm leaving." Valerie said giving him a kiss on the lips and then on his cheek. "I love you" Valerie said smiling. "I love you too ma."

Valerie was making her way to school, listening to just random music from her playlist. Valerie was tired since it was still 6:45 but just had to suck it up, she couldn't risk losing anymore school since she had a spanish exam today. As she finally arrived at school, she waited for the bell to ring not wanting to get there early since she didn't wanna be there in the first place.

It was a normal day for Valerie, Valerie still couldn't keep her mind off the fact he was still alive. Why didn't they tell her sooner? Valerie couldn't concentrate in class, until Nate Jacobs walked in, the teacher then spoke up. "As you all may know, Nate here got seriously hurt at a party, thankfully he's better now and will be attending classes as normal." Valerie looked up from her desk hearing his name, Nate looked at her and he wasn't happy. After the bell rang, Valerie walked out of class. Nate grabbed her hand and brought her to the boys bathroom going in a stall with her grabbing her by the throat. "You tell your little drug..buddies to stay the FUCK away." Valerie struggled to breathe. "You thought i was fucking dead didn't you..you're a fucking crazy motherfucker..you know they don't actually love you, no one could ever love you. I bet you're dad didn't die by cancer, he just fucking killed himself because he has a daughter like you!" Nate squeezed her throat as he let her go, Valerie falling to the ground breathing heavily.

To be continued....