13

It was Ash's birthday, Valerie, Lexi, Rue, Jules and Fezco were planning the party for him. They didn't wanna invite too many people since they all know Ashtray would probably get mad at so many people in the house. Valerie had bought him some new black and white jordans, Lexi had got him his favorite snack, cereal of course. Rue had got him the money she owed for the drugs and Jules had got him some rings since she didn't know Ashtray very well. Valerie had also more suprises, but those were for only Ash to see. They had been planning this all morning while Fezco planned for Ash to have a shift at the gas station. Valerie was excited, since she was finally gonna ask him to be her boyfriend. It had been awhile now and when better to do it on his birthday.

Valerie kept doing the balloons as Rue stuck the candles in the cake, exactly 17. It was a basic corner store cake but everyone knew Ashtray liked that cake. He'd always tell Fezco to get him some but Fezco most of the time said no. "I hope he likes it." Valerie said as everyone turned to look at her. "Man Ash hates his birthdays..but i bet he'll enjoy this one." Fezco reassured her as he started laying down the presents on the couch. Once it was all set up, all they did was wait, hiding in their spots. Rue behind the kitchen counter, Jules was with Rue. Lexi was with Fez behind the couch and Valerie was with Fez and Lexi too. As everyone saw the door opening, they came out their hiding spots and all shouted suprise. Fezco saying. "Suprise bro" That was basically the fastest we ever heard him talk. Ashtray was trying to hide his smile but eventually everyone saw it and went to hug him, Valerie hugged him last and Ashtray whispered in her ear. "Thank you Ma..~" This sent shivers down her spine, why did he say it so seductively. Valerie gulped and just turned around bringing Ashtray to the cake as Lexi lit up the candles, Jules gave the knife to Ashtray so he could cut himself a piece. "Here you go Ash." Jules knew Ash but only that one time when he tattooed her and Rue.

He cut a big piece of cake as everyone expected, he was smiling the whole time. Everyone could see how Ashtray was much happier now as Valerie entered his life. He felt comfortable around more people, not necessarily trusting them but comfortable enough to smile around them which he hardly did. Valerie seeing him getting pushed out of his comfort zone made her happy and proud of Ash. "Thank you guys." Ashtray said as he set the cake on a plate. "You're welcome bro" Fezco said as he gave him a pat on the back. Once everyone finally had a piece of cake, they all sat down and decided to watch loonie tunes with Ash, they spoke about stuff with him for hours and hours..until Lexi had to leave, Fezco had a few moments with Lexi ever since she passed by the gas station Fezco couldn't keep his mind off of her. Valerie and Ashtray were proud of him for finding someone like her. Lexi was a nice person and Valerie knew if they ever got together she would treat him right. Fezco, Valerie and Ash kept watching loonie tunes as the rest just went to go grab his presents. "Yo Fez can i open these present now man" Ash asked. "They were just about to bring them to you bruh." Fezco chuckled as they set their presents in front of him. He opened Valerie's first, she had saved up while working at the gas station. His eyes widened as he looked at Valerie. "Oh my fuckin' god no way ma!" Ash yelled out in excitment..well that was a first. He hugged her and she gently hugged back as he opened the rest. He fist bumped everyone else and hugged Fez.

Once the party was over, Valerie and Ash were left alone in the living room as Fezco had gone to his room and Faye didn't even attend the party. She had been sleeping all day, no one seemed to be worried. Valerie was fiddling with her skirt and looking down as she was pretty nervous to ash Ashtray this question once she finally built up the courage to say it..she did. "Ash I've known you for months now, and I've never felt this way about anyone you make me want to finally get in a relationship again..I love you..Ash and i want you to be my boyfriend." Valerie waited for his response..as he spoke up and...