33

Having Nate Jacobs dead was a huge relief for Fezco, Ash and Valerie. They were all sitting on the couch, Fezco with Lexi and Ash cuddling with Valerie. Valerie felt guilty for killing Nate even if he was a psycho, he had a tough life and Valerie knew that, she wasn't able to keep her mind off his death..she hadn't even seen a gunshot wound on his head. All she heard was the shot, she looked at him for a second but then Ashtray and Fezco led her out. Valerie's leg started bouncing up and down as Ashtray noticed this, putting a hand on her thigh. "You okay ma?" Valerie stood up and went to Ash's room, sitting down on the bed putting her head in the palm of her hands.

Ash shrugged it off and started talking with Fezco, Valerie took out her phone and started calling Nate's number. It answered, but hung up after a few seconds. Valerie stood up as she quickly went to the living room. "You have to be shitting my dick both of you!? What the fuck is wrong with you both!?" Valerie yelled, she was furious. They had lied, that's the worst thing.

They had only shot Nate in the arm, Valerie was too emotional to even notice. The worst thing is she didn't know why. He had also passed out from it even if it was just a shot to the arm. "Hey hey kid..calm down?" Fezco said as Valerie glared at them. "So you fuckin' didn't actually kill Nate!? You fucking liars!! I fucking flirted with that creep for a fucking reason..' Valerie cried as she rubbed her arm pacing up and down, Lexi was just observing the girl. "Fuck, fuck you both!" Valerie stormed back to the room and grabbed a backpack, she didn't wanna be here for the moment just to make sure she didn't say anything worse to them. She got a few clothes and just put them in the bag.

Valerie called Rue and explained the situation, Rue had been sober for awhile which made Valerie happy. "yeah Rue..i need just a place to stay for like a day..i can't deal with all this it's so confusing." Valerie explained, Rue agreed to let her stay. Valerie walked right past the living room, Ash quickly getting up grabbing her hand. "Yo where the fuck is you goin' ma!" Valerie teared up, she didn't know herself why she was upset. Valerie was stressed lately she had so much going on her head. "To Rue's goddammit..I'm so tired of not being able to do anything without you or Fezco knowing! I'm 17 i can wear and do what i want..if guys are the problem for you then just accompany..but i don't have to change my fucking outfit Ash!" Valerie said breaking down into tears as Ash pulled her in for a hug. He understood her but he couldn't help being so protective. Fezco sighed.

"I'll make you waffles..just relax ma I'm so sorry.." Ash said as he sat her down, Fezco held her hand as Ash began making the waffle mix, he was still bad at making the shapes perfect but they were good and Valerie couldn't deny that. Valerie's hands were trembling. "Why..why didn't you kill him..why why..why" Valerie was clearly traumatized by what Nate Jacobs had done these months she'd been here, he had her scared. "Kid.." Fezco said, not wanting to give her the reason. Valerie sat there as Ash softly set the plate on her lap, sitting next to her. "Ma..please just don't worry he won't hurt you." Valerie knew Ash was probably but she still wanted to find out what the fuck was going on.