Back at it Again

Iylla's POV

"Jeez, it feels like I haven't been here in ages." I mused, closing the classroom door behind me.

After the training camp disaster, UA shut down. UA canceled all classes for all students, scrambling to make sense of what happened. Now, just four days after my and Bakugo's return, the university was ready to start up again. Principal Nezu offered us extended leaves of absence, but neither Bakugo nor I accepted. 

"Yes, it has been a while, hasn't it?" Tenya stood from his desk, making his way to me. He planted a kiss on my forehead, pulling at my backpack.

"I can carry that myself, thanks." I tugged, not willing to let him take it from me. 

"So can I."

"I'm good."

"Let me be helpful." He complained, pulling the bag with a little more force. 

"Tenya," Suddenly, our tug of war ended when he let go of the bag entirely. "Thank you, jeez."

Sweeping me off my feet, Tenya lifted me into his arms. "You're welcome."

"What are you doing?" I roared in protest, wiggling manically. "Put me down."

Tenya carried me all the way to his desk, sitting me in the seat next to his. I gave him a dirty side-eye, hating that he looked so satisfied with himself. 

"There," He said, exuding pride. "Now, you have been properly escorted to a seat."

Detesting the idea of letting him have the last word, I stood and moved myself to the seat in front of his instead. I dusted my hands off.

"There. Now I've properly escorted myself to a seat."

Tenya laughed, never taking offense from my prickly exterior. I suppose I could stand to be a little more open and willing to let him be the kind of gentleman his parents raised him to be. But I draw the line at letting him carry my bags. Oh, and opening my doors. Also, I should add pulling my chair out for me. And-

I think this list is getting a little long.

Pulling me out of my thoughts, Tenya took my hand in his, circling his thumb on my palm like he usually did. I groaned in distaste, looking away as I felt the familiar heat rushing to my face. Taking his seat, Tenya didn't say anything about my redness; he just smiled and kept holding my hand.

"How have you been feeling lately?" He asked, concerned. "Are you sure you're ready to come back? Maybe it wouldn't be such a horrible idea to take a few days off."

"I'm fine," I knew he hated when I answered his worries so flippantly, but I couldn't help it. "Do I look like I need a break or something?"

"No, I just want to make sure you're okay."

"Well, you don't have to double-check on me every five seconds; I'm doing fine."

I didn't realize how mean I sounded until he flinched in hurt. He started to pull his hand away from me, but I grabbed it, holding on for dear life. 

"I didn't mean to snap at you; I-I can't- everything's such a mess in my head, and I can't seem to stop it. It's so loud."

Retaking my hand, he gave it a gentle squeeze. "I know you must be going through a lot, and if you don't want to tell me about it, maybe you should see a therapist."

I forced a laugh, holding back the tears. "What? So you think I'm crazy?"

"No, I don't." Lifting my chin, he made me look at him eye to eye. " I promise, I don't think you're crazy. But bottling up the kind of emotions you're feeling isn't healthy. I think a therapist will help you process what happened in a way that will ease your anxiety."