Home at Last

Iylla's POV

Tenya spun me in a slow circle, his arms tightening around my waist as I tried to get away from him. I wanted nothing more than to separate us and free him from my darkness, but he showed no signs of letting go any time soon. 

I rested my head on his shoulder, letting him hold me the way I wanted him to. "Why are you wearing a fake mustache? Why did you do your hair like that? And what happened to your glasses? I miss the nerd vibe."

"Well-"

The sudden and overwhelming urge to kiss him propelled me forward. Not letting him finish his sentence, I pulled him into me. I knew I missed him, but I didn't know how much I missed him until I felt his lips moving in time with mine. A burning hot wave of need rushed through my veins, telling me that I loved him more than I realized. 

It was actually kind of embarrassing. 

"Sorry," Apologizing for interrupting him, I turned red because of the intensity of my emotions. "I just kind of realized I didn't care as much as I wanted that."

He smiled the same smile I dreamt about every night for the last five nights. It was the smile that told me he saw my flustered blush but wasn't going to comment on it so that he didn't embarrass me further. "Come on, let's get you out of here."

Knowing I'd want to walk on my own, Tenya placed me back on my feet. Ordinarily, he'd be right. I did want to walk on my own, but as soon as he put me down, I felt my legs start to give in. I reached for his arm and the wall bracing myself against them. 

"Iylla?" He held me to his body, supporting my weight. 

Coming out of nowhere, Bakugo yelled at Tenya. "Hey, you might not wanna leave her to her own devices, Four Eyes! If you can't tell, she's not feeling too hot!" 

"Yeah," Tenya eyed him suspiciously and protectively. "I've got it, thanks."

Crap. Not this old rivalry again.

I wanted to intervene and nip it at the bud, but my head was swimming, and I couldn't focus on anything. 

"Tenya?" I clung to his arms, trying to steady myself. "I- I can't- my legs-"

"Hey, hey, you're okay; I've got you." He placed his hand behind my head, lowering me to the dirty alley floor. "Just rest for a little while, okay?"

"No," I complained, my mysterious indisposition coming back in full swing. "We have to leave. Who knows how intense All Might's fight is going to get."

I tried sitting up, but even that minimal effort was extremely physically draining. 

"Just ten minutes, that's it." Gently, he pushed me back down by my shoulders, and I had no strength to fight him. "Ten minutes, and then we'll get you to a hospital."

"I don't want a hospital," I said frantically, fear creeping in around me. "I want to go home. I want my dad. My brothers, and Uncle Mic, I want my family."

"I know. I know you do, but you're not healthy. You need medical attention." He rested his forehead on mine, comforting me as best he could. "Tamaki and Present Mic are working right now, so they won't be able to come to you for a while. But I'll call Mr. Aizawa and the rest of your family so they can meet us at the hospital."

"No, no, no, I want to go home. Please, I want to go home."

"And I'd love nothing more than to take you there, but I can't, Iylla; you need a doctor." Tenya rubbed my arms reassuringly, discovering my dropping temperature in the process. "You're freezing. Midoriya, can you find Yaoyorozu for me? Kirishima, can Iylla have your jacket?"