Heroes vs. Villains

Iylla's POV 

"I AM HERE!" A loud and familiar voice rang through the classroom. "COMING THROUGH THE DOOR LIKE A HERO!"

I looked up from my Nintendo Switch to see the number one hero, All Might, leaning into the classroom. My classmates erupted in cheers and applause at the sight of him. For them, being in the same room as the number one hero was some sort of once-in-a-lifetime event, but for me, the magic of All Might had worn off long ago. That's not to say that All Might's not impressive or that he doesn't deserve the number one spot, it's just that I find other heroes more impressive. 

The truth of the matter is that All Might probably carries this nation's sense of security almost entirely single-handedly. That is reason enough to give All Might the top seat above all other contenders, but that doesn't mean he has to be my favorite.  

"I can't believe it's really All Might."

"Hey, is he wearing his Silver Age costume?"

"I'm getting goosebumps, just being in the same room with him." 

The class oohed and aahed as All Might strutted to the front of the class, soaking in all the attention he was getting. I put my Switch away and prepared for the start of class when the number one hero began to speak.

"WELCOME, STUDENTS!" his voice was bold and resolute, even when he wasn't trying. "TODAY WE WILL LEARN THE BASICS OF BEING A HERO AND WHAT IT IS LIKE TO FIGHT IN THE NAME OF GOOD. TODAY'S LESSON IS FIGHT TRAINING!"

The second the words left his mouth, I could feel the excitement course through my veins. Thanks to my at-home training, I excelled in hand-to-hand combat and I was more than ready to show that off. Of course, I did my best to hide my confidence.

My classmates must have felt the same excitement that I did because the energy in the room was almost alive with anticipation.

"Fight training!" Bakugo's growly voice showed us his eagerness.

"Real fighting?" The boy in front of me, Midoryia, squeaked.

"ONE OF THE KEY ELEMENTS IN COMBAT IS LOOKING GOOD!" All Might pressed a button and the wall in the back opened up. Where there had been a wall before, there now were lines of numbered briefcases. "THESE ARE YOUR HERO COSTUMES AND THEY WERE DESIGNED BASED ON THE FORMS YOU FILLED OUT!"

There were more shouts and applause as students saw their student numbers represented on a case. This was definitely the most exhilarating class we've had so far, so I couldn't really blame them for being loud.

"GET YOURSELVES READY AND MEET ME AT GROUND BETA!"

"Yes, sir!" The class shouted as one.

----------------- Time Skip ------------------

Class 1A walked together through the dark tunnel, heading into Ground Beta. As we emerged, I saw All Might standing a few feet in front of us.

"THEY SAY THAT CLOTHES MAKE THE PROS AND BEHOLD YOU ARE THE PROOF."

I've never heard anyone say that, but whatever.

Personally, my favorite costume that I've seen today belonged to Ida. The chic metal and sharpness of the lines were exactly what a speed-oriented hero should look like. Not to mention that the armor he wore turned him into some kind of living tank.

Even though I loved Ida's costume, it was a great deal different from mine. Where Ida's costume was extravagant, mine was fairly simple.

I wore a black racerback top. The top was skintight and had sheer cloth on the sides under my arms that were outlined in a strip of purple glowing light. The top was also a V neck, but that part of it was covered up by the white binding cloth scarf around my neck. I wore black shorts that cut off mid-thigh and black combat boots.