All To Myself

Ida's POV

"See, there she is. I told you there was a girl who came to class wearing the boy's uniform."

I pulled the book out of my locker, excited by what I overheard. There was only one girl I knew who came to class wearing the boy's uniform.

My girl.

The idea that Iylla and I were now a thing still sent waves of happiness and relief coursing through me. It was like my mind could not grasp the concept that she finally agreed to date me.

I turned to where the women pointed to see Iylla walking down the hallway toward class, completely engrossed by the music in her ears and the Switch in her hands. I was happy to see her, but I was also confused. Iylla had told me yesterday that she had morning training with Bakugo, so I wasn't exactly expecting her here so early.

"I don't get it. Why does she get to come on campus wearing pants? When I did it, I got a citation for breaking the dress code."

"Don't you know? That's Iylla Aizawa, Eraser Head's daughter."

"Ohhh, I get it now. The daughter of the number nine hero gets to do as she wants, but the rest of us commoners have to do what we're told, right?"

"That's just how the world works. Miss princess probably didn't even have to take the entrance exams."

"You know, I do remember hearing something about her totally flunking out of high school. So it wouldn't surprise me if that was true."

The women laughed their way down the hall, passing Iylla and laughing even harder. I would have chased them down and corrected their impressions of Iylla, but I was still shocked to hear someone speak that way about her.

I looked around the hall; there wasn't anyone around. I shut my locker in time to catch up to Iylla and pull her face into mine. At first, she stiffened in surprise, but she quickly recovered and kissed me back. When I pulled away, she tugged on my tie to keep me where I was. I smiled into the kiss, holding her against me.

Footsteps sounded around the corner, knowing that Iylla wouldn't be able to hear them; I put an end to the kiss even though I really didn't want to. She looked confused at first, but when she saw the group of students turn the corner, she understood and headed for the classroom.

I followed closely, but not too closely, behind her. I didn't mind whether people knew about us or not, but Iylla wanted to keep it secret. I didn't know why, but it didn't matter; I would do whatever she wanted.

Walking down the hallway, I wanted to ask her how the reminder of her night was, but she wouldn't hear me, not when I could hear the music she was listening to. I wasn't sure why but it amused me that she was a Taylor Swift fan. Maybe it was simply because I never would've guessed it.

I increased my walking pace to get in front of her and opened the door for her. I gestured her into the room, but she didn't move. Her eye twitched, not liking having the door opened for her. I thought she would stand there all day, but eventually, she grabbed me by the hand, shoved me into the room first, and shut the door behind us.

"I checked my phone log this morning," Iylla said, pulling her earphones out. "You didn't have to stay on the line with me for an hour."

"I wanted to make sure you were asleep." Last night Iylla called me, sounding sad, and confused so of course, I offered to read to her until she fell asleep.

"Ida, you were reading the dictionary; I was asleep within the first five minutes."

I laughed, grabbing her bag from her and placing it on the floor by her desk. "You sounded distressed; I wanted to be absolutely sure you were okay."