The Mission To Find Her

Spam me with comments, please?🤗  I love them.

Ida's POV

"Look, I'm you," Iylla suppressed a look of smug satisfaction as she tilted her Switch so that I could see her screen. She peered up at me, head resting in my lap as I studied for our upcoming exam. I set aside my textbook, examining what she was showing me.

On her screen, there was an animated woman with purple hair. The character, who I assumed was supposed to be her, was dressed in a light blue button-up shirt, black dress pants, and backpack.

"That doesn't look anything like me," I complained, brushing her bangs away from her face to get a clear look at her soul-shattering black eyes.

"What?" She cried out, taking the Switch back to get a second look at the character. "I even put her in front of a desk. Get it? Because you're a nerd."

My lips pursed, and my brows crinkled, wondering if I should be offended or not. "This is a wildly inaccurate depiction of me. The character isn't wearing glasses."

She gasped, her eyes widening slightly. "I forgot the nerd glasses."

"Will you stop calling me a nerd?" I scolded, but really I was amused.

"What? That's what you are, isn't it?" She mumbled, but I got the impression she was hardly listening to me. She was hyper-fixated on adding glasses to the character.

"What are you playing anyway?"

"Animal Crossing."

"Hmm, I've never heard of it."

"There," She sat up, sitting criss-cross on the couch next to me. "I now present to you the new and improved Iylla dressed like Tenya creation."

When she let me see the screen again, the only difference was the addition of rectangular glasses. 

"Ah, there we go; that's much better

"Ah, there we go; that's much better."

"Now, I'm a nerd too!" Her nose scrunched up as she laughed, finding genuine delight in the idea.

"So you'll pass tomorrow's exam then?" I asked, adoring the way she was able to relax with me.

"There's an exam tomorrow?" 

"Iylla," I said dispiritedly, surprised that she had forgotten. "Yes, there is an exam tomorrow."

Her lips pulled down, replacing her earlier excitement. "What class?"

"Oh my..." I pinched the bridge of my nose as if doing so would make the situation better in any way, shape, or form.

"What?" She shrugged lazily. "How was I supposed to know?"

"Because I reminded everyone numerous times this week."

"Mmm, okay, well, I suppose this means I'm getting my nerd status revoked." Iylla looked sadly at the character on her screen. "What says you, my nerd overlord?"