Training Camp

Iylla's POV

Fire. Smoke. Heat.

Toya.

I gasped, startling in my seat. 

"Iylla, are you okay?" Tenya closed the book he was reading, reaching out to rest his hand on my knee. 

"I'm okay." I rubbed at my face, taking a second to remind myself of where I was. I was sitting next to Tenya on a bus on our way to training camp. I must have fallen asleep. "Just a bad dream, that's all."

"Oh? Want to talk about it?"

"Not really."

Tenya put his book away, turning slightly in his seat so that he was facing me better. "This is the third time you've had a nightmare this week alone. You might find it helpful if you talked about what you see in your dreams."

"I'm good." I leaned my head against the window, watching the woods fly by. 

I didn't mean to ignore him, but my mind quickly went from Tenya to my increasing worries about the training camp. UA gave the class the opportunity to decide whether or not to attend, but after an in-depth review of the security protocols in place, everyone decided to come. That means, if the League does attack the camp, all nineteen of my classmates, plus the twenty class 1B students, will be at risk because of me.

I got so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't recognize the distant mumbling as Tenya's astute voice. "Huh?"

Smiling sadly, Tenya repeated himself. "I asked what you were thinking about. You have that serious look on your face again, the same one you've had on all week."

"I'm not really thinking of anything in particular." I returned my gaze out to the window, unable to hold a whole conversation.

"I've been waiting to see if you would come to me on your own, but you haven't, so I suppose I have to ask you; Iylla, what's going on?"

Sighing, I leaned over and rested my head on his shoulder. "I've just been a little stressed recently. It's nothing to worry about."

"Mmm, I thought we were getting over this." When he laughed, it came out broken, like he was trying his hardest to keep his cool. "The lying."

"Tenya... I-" Having been called out on my lie, I didn't know quite what to say.

"I believed you, at the pool. When you told me that you weren't the one the League was after, I trusted you. But you lied to me, didn't you?"

"Yeah," I finally admitted. "Yeah, I did."

He nodded his head slowly. I thought he'd be furious; he had every right to be angry with me. I would be pissed if I were him. But he wasn't like me. I knew that, and yet, his words still surprised me.  

"Well, there's no need for you to be stressed about it anymore, okay? I won't let anything happen to you. I promise."

"Thanks, but it's not me I've been stressing about."

He thought about what I said then held my hand. "We'll be okay; you don't have to worry about the class either. The League of Villains won't find us."

"So I've been told."

My phone started to ring, but I didn't even look at it. 

"Are you going to answer that?"

"No." I pulled out my phone and hung up. "It's Jericho."

"Oh," The rowdiness of my classmates were the only sounds that filled the silence between us. "You know, you haven't told me very much about him. Do you mind if I ask?"