Sports Festival: Obstacle Course Race

Iylla's POV

I messed with the braid in my hair as I stood in front of the big gate that would lead us to the obstacle course. When I changed into my PE uniform, I decided to keep the braid since it would keep my hair out of my face during the race.

 I was alone for the moment, but knowing Ojiro and Aoyama, they were bound to find me sooner or later. I looked up at the giant timer counting down on the giant TV. Just eight minutes left until the start of the obstacle course.

"I'm going to win."

Bakugo's words rang loud and clear through my memory. The rest of the student body seemed to be offended by the statement, but it only encouraged me to do my best. 

Proving him wrong is gonna be a whole lotta fun! 

"Good luck." Ojiro's familiar voice said. 

"Thanks. You too." 

"Oh, I wasn't talking to you, Iylla. You don't need any good luck, remember?" Ojiro laughed and pointed at Aoyama on my other side. "He's the one who needs it."

"Ah!" Aoyama crossed his arms and turned away from us. "Now that's just rude!"

Aoyama and Ojiro started to argue when I noticed Shinso coming. 

"Your friends are loud." Shinso walked up behind me.

"You say that as if Tama isn't friends with Mirio and Nejire." 

"True." He conceded. "But your friends are the ones making a racket right now."

"What do you want me to do about it?" I shrugged. "They are the way they are."

"Also true, but..." Shinso paused and lowered his voice. "...I could do something about it."

"Don't." I glared at him.

"I'm just saying they might need a little extra help, especially that sparkly one," Shinso said and then called out to Aoyama. "Hey, french guy! What's your name?"

"Shut up!" Before he could respond, I pointed and yelled at Aoyama, who looked more than just a little confused. "Don't answer that!"

I dragged Shinso away from Ojiro and Aoyama. "What are you doing? Leave my friends alone."

"I'm just trying to help." He rubbed the back of his neck, holding back a smile and a laugh.

I tried to stay mad at him, but Shinso is someone I'm not capable of being mad at. We chuckled together, gradually laughing harder and harder. I held on to Shinso's arm as we reigned ourselves in.

"You're ridiculous." 

"Hey, I'm just trying to make sure your friends make it past the first round; so I don't take their spot."

"Just focus on getting yourself past the first round." I punched his arm, then slid my arm into the crook of his. "They're stronger than you think."

"I see that." Shinso's voice was laced in confusion, so I followed his gaze.

I sighed in disappointment when I saw that Aoyama and Kaminari had Ojiro cornered. Ojiro tried to juke them, but Kaminari got his arms wrapped around his tail. With Ojiro's tail taken hostage, Aoyama rushed in to braid the puff of hair at the end of it. Ojiro wailed at his captor to let him go, but Kaminari just laughed. 

"They're stronger than they look." I facepalmed. 

"Sure." Shinso nodded slowly. "I believe you."

He clearly didn't believe me. 

"They survived a vicious villain attack." I tried to defend them, but they weren't making it easy for me.