UA's Entrance Exam (Part One)

Iylla's POV

I weaved through the swarm of people walking the same sidewalk as me. My feet hit the pavement one after the other, carrying me ever closer to UA University.  

Even though both me and my twin brother were taking the UA entrance exams, I walked the busy streets alone. We signed up to take the exams on different days to lessen the chances of being recognized since our dad is a pretty prominent Pro Hero.

Today marked one month until the end of my senior year in high school and it was also the day that I was taking UA University's entrance exam. I was pumped for the practical portion of the exam because I knew that I would ace it. My quirk, in the state it's currently in, wouldn't be much help in the practical exam, so my dad and I restructured my training regimen to make sure I was ready to fight even while being basically quirkless. I kept all the stuff I was training in before; Binding cloth, bow and arrow, staff, and hand to hand combat, and added parkour. 

It wasn't much of a change, but it made all the difference. Parkour increased my body awareness levels and not to mention my overall endurance. The impact that practicing parkour had on me wasn't the kind that you could easily see, but I could feel it. I felt it in the way I could run for miles and not break a sweat, in the way I could control my breathing to be more effective, I felt it in the sureness of my footsteps. 

The practical portion of the exam was bound to be an easy pass for me, but the written portion might not be the same. I'm not dumb, and while I recognize that I do have the capacity to think and come up with rather unique solutions to my problems, I still consider myself to be more of a fighter than a thinker. 

I pushed away the thoughts of the written portion of the exam and continued on my path towards UA University.

Even though the school is more than a 20-minute walk away it's already visible. The huge glass building sits on top of a lush hill, elevated above the city that surrounds it.

It sits there all day every day, serving as an inspiration for wannabe heroes. Its position on top of the hill gives the building a way to become either a beacon of goodness and hope for the pure of heart or a stern reminder of the restrictions placed upon the not so pure of heart.

When I looked at UA, all I saw was my next target. I had to conquer UA if I wanted to get my hero's license and become the strongest possible version of myself.

----------------- Time Skip -----------------

I walked up to UA University and stood back to get a good look at my next victim. The glass panels reflected the light from the sun, making it look like it was glowing.

Around me, prospective students strolled in pairs, talking excitedly about the upcoming exams. I smiled at the floor and laughed to myself.

I would bet my life that half the students I saw either applied at UA on a dare, familial obligations, or because of some diluted vision of who they wish they were. Very few of these people would make it as a pro hero.

I turned my confident grin towards UA and stared it down.

"Better get ready, UA, 'cause I'm coming for you."

I marched down the paved path, 100% prepared for whatever was to come.

In front of me, a green-haired boy tripped over his own feet. On his way down, a brunette reached out and touched him. The boy's fall seemed to pause as he floated above the ground.

What was I so worried about? I thought to myself.

Even if I bomb the written portion of the exam I can't possibly do as bad as someone who trips on their own feet.