04: jj

She's here.

Marley is here and with Trent of all fucking people.

I look over at him sitting there, drinking his beer and talking with Asher. It takes everything in me not to punch him in the fucking face.

He's cheating on her, multiple times as far as I know because we had to get here two weeks early and I've seen him with at least three different girls. I didn't think anything of it until Asher told me that he had a girlfriend.

I was planning on letting the girl know that he's cheating on her, but I didn't know that girl was going to be Marley.

My Marley.

That time with her today was everything I'd hoped it'd be.

My hands ball into fists because I don't know what the right fucking thing to do is. Obviously I should tell her. I almost did tell her when she asked if we could be friends, but if I tell her, it's going to seem like I'm just trying to get her to dump him so she'll be with me.

I need to get out of here.

I stand up and head up to my room without saying a word to any of them. What the fuck do I say? Sorry you're a piece of shit Trent? Well I know what I'm not sorry for. I'm not sorry for being in love with her.

I pop a pain pill because I plan on running for a long fucking time and my knee is already sore from practice despite the fact I took one earlier. I slip into my running shoes, tying them tight and grab my headphones before jogging down the stairs.

"Didn't run enough at practice?" Luka asks, looking at me like I'm insane for going running after the three hour long practice we had in the heat earlier where I did nothing but run.

"Guess not," I shrug, walking out without sparing a look at Trent.

I put my headphones in and turn my music up as loud as it will go before taking off down the street.

I feel like a creeper.

I've been watching her look around for the last ten minutes from where I'm sitting in the local coffee shop. She's even spun around a couple times and I can't tell if she's lost or not. Even from a distance I can tell she's pretty.

Oh fuck it, I should go help her.

I walk up rather easily as she looks at her phone, her eyebrows scrunched in confusion.

"Excuse me, are you lost?" I ask in French, trying to come across as non-threatening as possible.

Her head snaps up and I'm instantly captured by her blue eyes. I don't think I've ever seen a shade that blue before. Her nose is petite, her mouth full, but it's her eyes that are truly captivating.

"Yes. My aunt gave me the directions to this artist's house, but I can't find the street. I must have gotten turned around somewhere." She says and I wrack my brain trying to think of anyone in town she might be talking about.

"Are you talking about Madame Bellefleur?" I ask and she smiles brightly.

My.

Lungs.

Stop.

Breathing.

Air.

"Yes! Yes, that's it! Do you happen to know her?" She asks and I wish I could respond, but my brain isn't functioning. Her eyes narrow suspiciously as I gawk at her. "Hello?"

Fucking snap out of it JJ. This isn't the first time you've talked to a pretty girl.

I flash her a quick smile, "Sorry, yes. I do know her. She's friends with my mother."