𝖉 𝖎 𝖊 𝖈 𝖎 𝖘 𝖊 𝖎 𝖘

THREE DAYS LATER

"Tell me some good news." Your voice came out with full anticipation as you approached Lord Barnes.

His eyes darted among you and Isabella, rather confused to what you are pulling right now.

"Don't even begin to ask m'lord." Isabella stated voice sounding tired.

You stared him down, clenched jaw while you wait for what he has to say.
"I found one." He started. "David has a daughter."

As those words left his mouth you became starstruck as you didn't know what to say.

"Where is she then?" Isabella asked for you.

Barnes eyes never left yours as he continued to proceed. "I got her out from Winderval Prison."

"Winderval? What ever do you mean m'lord." Isabella stated exasperatedly.

He took in a deep breath. "She's a Witch, and she did something bad."

You furrowed your own eyebrows. "How did you manage to pull her out from Winderval Prison?" You asked in full utter and he smirked.

"I have connections, m'lady." He replied, pressing the word which immediately made you blush and rolled your eyes after.

"Nonesense. Bring her to the East tower, I'll talk to her when I get my chance." You ordered and he bowed before you.

"Aye." He walked away as Isabella turned to face you.

"He managed to pull someone out of that Prison, isn't that a bit..." She trailed off for you to follow which you responded with.

"Suspicious? I know, but for now we'll have to trust him." You added and she nodded.

You parted your ways with Isabella, making your way to your chancery.

This past three days had been exhausting. The King was occupied with his mistresses on his chambers which led you to sleep in one of the guest room. Natalia had been bothering you, wanting to talk but you shut her down. Kate is being annoying every chance that she gets, literally asking everything from you when she could've asked someone else. Don't even get me started with Yelena as she has been spying on Kate, telling you that she's bad news and that she can't be trust.

It sucks to be a Queen sometimes.

"Your highness," two words was enough to let you know who it was and you sighed in frustration.

"Not now, m'lady." You retorted immediately without giving her a glance.

"Fuck it!" She mumbled under her breath, before pulling you by the arm, bringing you into a secluded room and locked the door.

"Why-" you rolled your eyes. "What is it?" You narrowed your eyes in anger and she glared back at you.

"Breathe." She commands.

"What?"

"I said breathe." She repeated.

"I'm breathing, thank you very much." You spat the words full of sarcasm and the corners of her lips turns upward in amusement before turning back into a frown.

"I need you to breathe." She repeated again more softer this time.

"How can I breathe when we're literally in a closed room with a person someone like you is a sort of a carbon dioxide." You retorted, spitting out the words in full hatred, opening the door as you did.

Natalia looked at you, lost in words as you stopped yourself on the doorway, releasing a sigh while processing what you said, which formed a big smile on your face, making you look back at her.