𝖙 𝖗 𝖊 𝖘

After Natalia had left to join the feast downstairs, you couldn't sit still. The night was still young and you wanted to wander around the castle.

Tossing your legs on the side of the bed, hanging lightly as you take a deep breath and grab a pair of ballet flats since you didn't feel like wearing high heels. You grab your coat from the cloakroom, slowly not to make any noise.

You walk down the hallway unsure of where you were going until you bump into your sister (another sister). You didn't meet her eyes as you walk past her, not because she could see you but because you were ignoring her, for a while now since she put you in this situation.

"Y/N? Shouldn't you be inside partying?" She asked from behind but you didn't pay her any attention as you go further down the hallway.
"Hey, you can't ignore me forever you know." She added, following after you.

There was silence for a few moments before she spoke up again saying. "Look, I know we... I. - I know how it feels okay, it's overwhelming and all but Y/N—"

"You don't know how it feels." You cut her off, stopping in your tracks to look back at her.

Kate had her eyebrows crunched, unable to understand. "Yes, I do. I know the pressure."

You scoffed. "Really? Then why put me in this place?" You questioned.

"That again? We're always on this topic." She mumbled enough for you to hear, causing you to roll your eyes. "Don't you ever get tired?" Her shoulders slumped a bit along with a frown.

"Do you?" You arched an eyebrow. "Do you ever get tired of burdening me with your responsibilities?" Slightly, tilting your head to the side as you point at her, forgetting that you two were outside the room where the feast was being held.

"What? that's rubbish, I'm doing nothing to you." She argued back, making you chuckle ever so lightly.

The commotion leveled up to the point where you two are screaming, to the point where your mother herself appeared just behind your sister, while your father tried to tell the guest that it was just nothing to worry about.

"God, you're so oblivious!" You spat.

"Y/N!" Your mother warned along with gritted teeth, but that didn't stop you from saying what you have to say.

"You should be the one marrying her, not me." Your eyes narrowed. "You're supposed to be the one in my place—"

"I've told you before, I don't want to marry." She fights back, cutting you off.

Your eyes welled up as you fight back your tears "What makes you think that I want to?"

"Well, you seem to be enjoying her company, besides she's pretty. What else should you be looking for?" She paused for a while. "Plus, you have no choice." Her voice lowered as she grew self-aware of what the situation was.

Kate and your mother were left speechless as their heads whipped in opposite ways, they both knew that what Kate said was wrong, making you more furious.

"Because I have no choice?" You laughed it out, as a tear slipped from your eye.

"Kate it's —  You're the firstborn, you should be the one leaving tomorrow." You continued, swallowing the lump that was in your throat.

You couldn't contain yourself anymore as the words came flooding in, that were supposed to be a secret of the family. No one knew that Kate was the firstborn, hell, people don't even know that she existed since she got vanished from this kingdom when she was only fifteen. Your father wouldn't tolerate her actions so she sent her away. You were only ten years old that day so you couldn't understand what was happening.