𝖙 𝖗 𝖊 𝖈 𝖊

"You could've just wished the poison killed you." You whispered lowly to the man now kneeling infront of you.

The courtyard was surrounded by random people from royalty to lords and ladies to nobleman and noblewoman, people who were immune to bloodshed, unrighteous killing, and somehow along the way you became one of them, the tradition of one sin one life.

David offered a smile. "Well, your majesty if it helps, I don't, 'cause this way—this day, my blood on your hands will haunt you forever, my name will be on you."

"And I'm sorry," you retorted, quickly swinging the sword through his head, separating it from it's body.

The crowd then cheered.

Although the scene is always like this, the noise still deafened your ears, ringing everytime you hear it. You exhaled, eyes darting down to David's body, blood glittering on the floor as it travelled down on the pathway and there it hits. You swiftly drag your feet back to the castle, wiping your hands on a towel as you blocked all the thoughts that was approaching your head.

"Where is the meeting being held?" You questioned to Isabella who was also mirroring your pace.

"Meeting hall West wing, your majesty." She answered, voice slightly trembling.

You turned your heels to a hallway that was connected to the great hall. It was a little early, but it's the only way to avoid any other conversations from anyone, from Yelena, from Kate, and certainly from Natalia.

Stopping at the center of the hall, you turned to look at Isabella. "You have anything to drink?" You asked and she smiled.

"Thought you'd never ask." She retorted, lifting up the first layer of her dress to reach the hidden pocket where she always keeps the hip flask mostly filled with scotch.

You immediately snatch it from her hands, gently bringing it up to your lips as you let the liquor linger on your throat, chugging it all at once and clearing your throat after.

"Go get Lord Barnes, and thank you." You hand the now empty hip flask, as Isabella was holding back her laugh, secretely amused as she turned to leave.

You once again released a heavy breath, and entered the meeting hall, as expected it was empty. You closed your eyes for a while, processing some thoughts in your own head.

"You quite did a great show out there." The voice startled you, heart rate picking up as you opened your eyes to look who it was. Natalia. You mentally noted.

"You were watching?" You asked hesitantly, slightly preparing yourself to what she'll say.

"Yes," she answered plainly.

"Oh," you retorted quietly, meeting her in the eye.

Natalia was still wearing her normal clothes just how it was two years ago, she never did wear dresses anyway, so it was normal for her, it's her fashion. Your eyes somehow wandered on her wine-red locks slightly falling on her shoulders, it was now longer than you last saw, more curlier than ever.

"Your majesty?" The sound of Isabella cuts in, taking your eyes off from the redhead as you looked behind you.

"You asked for me?" Barnes stated and you nodded, dismissing Isabella to go look for something else to do.

"I did," you cleared your throat, fully turning your body to properly look at him, he was serious and you smirked. "No snaggy remarks this time?" You questioned, eyebrows slightly arching.

He scoffed along with a light chuckle. "I'm not really in the mood."

You however unintentionally smiled which made him roll his eyes. "All right I won't ask." You retorted. "Although, I need you to investigate on someone." He listened intently while you felt Natalia staring at the back of your head.