𝖈 𝖆 𝖙 𝖔 𝖗 𝖈 𝖊

"A gown? For what?" You questioned Lord Alexei and he smiled.

"Yes, for the ball later this evening." He answered.

"A ball? I wasn't informed that we'd have one, and for what?" You questioned all at once and he chuckled ever so lightly.

"You really are my brother's wife." He points out and you arched an eyebrow.

"What ever do you mean, my lord." You were a bit taken aback but you didn't show it as he continued to write on the paper.

You were currently at his chancery having this conversation for about ten minutes now while he waits for Lady Melina to come and fetch you for the fitting of gowns.

He puffs out the cigarette, blowing it to his front and you leaned back on your chair to avoid the smoke.

"Excuse me for that m'lady," he stated sympathetically before looking at you in the eye.

"What do you think about overthrowing the King?" He questioned, eyes narrowing as he did.

"I don't," you answered quickly and firmly.

"You don't?" He retorted skeptically. "You don't have those motives, why?"

You smiled, mirroring his actions. "First of, he's my husband, my equal and I respect him."

"But for him, you're not his equal and he certainly doesn't respect you." He added, dragging out another smoke.

"Do you have motives on overthrowing the king, m'lord?" You questioned, eyebrows arching as you did.

"I do." He admitted truthfully speaking. "And I need you to be on my side when time comes." He negotiated and you slightly smiled in amusement.

"Why not ask the heiress? She's more powerful than I am." You offered and he shook his head. "The possibility that the king would pass it to his heiress is higher than mount everest, and I won't risk my chances stating this matter to my enemy." You chuckled ever so lightly to his statement, overly fond of his confidence.

"So you don't consider me as your enemy then?" You questioned, head slightly tilting to the side as he leaned over to the wooden desk.

"I'd like it to be more an ally," he smirked to what he said, persuading you to say yes but you only gave him an innocent yet taunting smile as you stood up and left.

"Lady Melina," you acknowledged as you bump into her on the hallway on your way out.

"I assume he already told you about the traditional gown?" She questioned back with a smile which you reciprocated.

"Would you mind telling me what it was again?" You requested and she nodded without hesitations.

"Walk with me." She offered which you thankfully accepted. "It's a history. It started from the first queen named Emerald, like her eyes. The story goes from the beginning where she lost a pregnancy and from then on the King, husband, treated her differently. The Queen the decided to travel across the ocean to the rivalry kingdom..." As she goes down to storytelling you somehow got interested to what she was aaying, you never had a person tell you stories like this -- stories that are mostly from the past, which always catched your physique.

* * *