𝖔 𝖈 𝖍 𝖔

"I'm here." Lady Yelena rushed out from the carriage. "What did he want me for?"

"About damn time that you come home, this is still where you live, not some place out in the woods." You scolded her.

"You're such a mom." She groaned.

"Am I not?" You smirked at her amused.

She looked at you dead in the eyes. "You are way to young to be my mother, and even so you married my father doesn't really make you one." She smiled innocently.

"Fair enough." You replied, she eyed you suspiciously and you smiled knowingly.

"No!" She steps back but you reached her cheeks and pinched it before pulling her in a hug.

"I missed you so much." You squeezed her untill she couldn't breathe.

"The queen needs me, not the king." She points out, arching an eyebrow as you pulled away to face her. "Really?"

You shrugged pretending to be dumbfounded and she stared at you. "Fine. The queen needs you."

"What can I be of service to, my queen?" She teased and you playfully rolled your eyes.

"Oh, stop it." You tried to hide your blush.

"You are such a softie, I wonder why my sister likes you so much." She stated, looking at you as if she was mesmerized, but then you glared at her at the mention of her sister. "Right, dead." She added, releasing a heavy sigh.

"Actually," you stated hesitantly and she looked at you in interest. "I have a favor for you."

"Is the queen negotiating with the princess?" She teasingly said, a smug look on her face.

"Oh, so you still consider yourself a princess?" You retorted and her face fell, you smirked at her then walked ahead.

"Hey!" She whined still standing behind you as you walk.

"Sorry, I'm not sorry."

After a while, Yelena joined you as you escorted her to the royal library of the castle, showing her things that she probably didn't know, teaching her things that she doesn't want to know.

"Your majesty?" You looked at Isabella who was standing at the doorway.

"Yes?" She made her way in, handing you a letter and the knife that was now wrapped in a brown leather cloth, secured by a tiny rope.

You opened the letter first as it was addressed to you from the King of Avalor. You read it letter by letter, taking in everything but only one stood out. Blessingway.

Your mouth hang open, lowering the piece of paper on the table and two of them poked their head to read it.

Isabella gasped. "You're having a niece."

"You are - oh, my god! You're getting old. First you became a wife and then a stepmother, now you'll become an aunt. Life is moving so damn fast." You hit Yelena by the arm and she winced. "Don't do that!"

"Don't say that." You retorted. "I am not old."

"You're twenty-four." Isabella points out and you turned your eyes to her. "It's the truth."

"Whatever." You dismissed the conversation. "Now tell me about the knife." You demanded, unwrapping it before picking it up.

"It carries a poison that could kill you in five seconds, and according to the books, it is revisable, if you have the antidote." She answered.

"Antidote?" You asked while Yelena snaked her hands to grab the knife, which you let her do.

"Yes, it can be found—" She was cut off shortly as the door made a sound, she turned around covering the scattered books, and immediately closed them. But somehow, Yelena got startled and dropped the weapon on the floor.

"Don't." I whispered sternly when she was about to pick it up.

"Your majesty." Isabella smiled at him.

"Isabella?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "What are you doing here?"

"I-"

"They sent me a letter, that's why she's here." You cut off, making yourself known in the room and his gaze fell on you.

"From who?"

"From my father, inviting me - us for my sister's babyshower." You corrected and he only nodded.

"Father." Yelena casually stated, his eyes gazed to another direction once more and he was confused but covered it with a fake smile.

"What a pleas - surprise." He awkwardly stuttered, making his way to where she was but they met halfway before he could even get near the books.

You shared a look with Isabella, but hers was knowingly and you smiled, silently reassuring her that it's okay.

"Your majesties, I shall go." She curtsied, excusing herself from the room.

"When were you back?" The king asked.

"An hour ago," She answered.

"Why?" He was hesitant which was suspicious, as always.

"I just had to get out of the woods." She lied.

"Oh, you must be exhausted then, you should go rest, the servants has prepared your room by now." He dismissed, even though she didn't want to, but there's nothing else she could do.

Yelena looked at you before leaving and you smiled at her. "Your majesty." She adressed and you slighty blushed.

Not long after, he hit you.

"That feels good." He shakes his hand as you kept your face hidden from him. He hit you again, but this time was harder.

So, thay's why he was acting weird, he was waiting to hit you, like always. You didn't spare him a glance as he walked out, slamming the door behind him as if he was holding a grudge.

You bite the insides of your cheeks, sucking it to ease the sting. Walking back to the table, you sit down on the chair, eyes trained on the letters of the book as if nothing happened.

There was a knock on the door but you didn't bother to response, knowing who it was. You held your hand out, unable to look Isabella in the eye. She hands you an icepack and you nodded dismissing her.

"Do you want anything to eat?" She asked and you shook your head.

"No, thank you. You may go now." You replied easily.

Once the door clicked, you felt the cold cloth in your face, slightly wincing to the pain. The room was filled with silence, your voice slightly echoing to the emptiness. You sat back in your chair, holding the ice pack on your cheek, closing your eyes as you did.

It's okay.