Chapter 42

Third person POV

Two days after Kurama had talked with Konoharmu they had decided that Amon would help continue the trio's training.

Kurama was sitting in a hospital bed about 7ft away from Naruto's as he read a book. He then heard a slight knock at the door. Not being familiar with the scent at the door he kept quiet hoping that whoever was there would leave.

          "This is supposed to his room right?" A voice said at the door.

"He's in a coma remember? Of course he can't hear us." Another voice said.

"I thought for sure his dad would have been here though?" The first voice replied.

"Let's just go in." The second voice said as Kurama watched the door open and Shikarmu and Choji walked inside.

Kurama didn't hesitate to throw a kunai towards Shikarmu's head releasing blood lust.

"What the hell are you brats doing here." Kurama growled.

"W-wait! We just wanted to visit Naruto that's all!" Choji panicked.

"Who the hell do you think you are. What right do you have to visit my son." Kurama spat.

"We're his friends. As his friends we want to make sure he is ok." Shikarmu said with a slight glare.

"Some friends you are. He's been here for more than a month and a half so where have you two been the whole time you brats." Kurama sneered.

"We were swamped with missions in and out of the village, some of which were finding the villagers who did this to him." Shikarmu said giving a sad look towards an unconscious Naruto.

"Like I give a damn about your pathetic excuse. You have no right to call him your friend." Kurama said now standing up.

"Right? What do you mean right? There is no qualification to be someone's friend as long as you care about them." Choji protested.

" I never said anything about qualifications. I'm saying you simply don't deserve to be friends with him. As far as I'm concerned you are just as bad as the villagers are seeing as you never actively stopped or even attempted to help him." Kurama sneered now looming over the two.

"Then what?" Shikarmu asked.

"Excuse me?" Kurama asked back.

" Then what will prove we deserve to be Naruto's friends." Shikarmu said sternly.

Kurama hesitated for a moment pondering the question for a moment.

"All you have to do is defeat me." Kurama said with a smirk.

"What!? We have to defeat you!? The legendary Kyubbi!?!?" Choji yelled shocked.

"I'm not that heartless you brat. I'll allow you to pick any challenge or game and if you defeat me I will allow you to be Naruto's friend." Kurama explained.

Shikarmu and Choji looked at each other for a moment before whispering to each other.

"Then tomorrow same time I challenge you to a shogi match. If I win you have no choice but to acknowledge us as Naruto's friend." Shikarmu answered.

"Then we have a deal. If I win you don't ever talk or see my son again." Kurama said turning away from them as they left.

-The next day-