Chapter 21

Naruto POV

It was the morning of Papa's imprisonment. I was sitting on the porch of the backyard with my face in my knees. It was all my fault. Papa got mad because I couldn't protect myself from that orchimaru freak. I was so pathetic that papa needed to get me out of it.

"You ok?" I heard someone say from behind me.

"Oh hey Gaara......" I'm mumbled my ears flattened on my head. "I've been better if I'm being honest."

"I know something that will cheer you up" Garra started sitting beside me. "Do you want to go to the ramen place? I'll pay."

"No thx I'm not in the mood." I mumbled again.

"Then do you want to go and ask the hokage when we can see your father." Gaara suggested.

"Really!" I said lifting my ears and facing him.

"Yeah let's go." Gaara said standing up and ruffling my hair.

I grabbed Gaara's hand and started sprinting towards the hokage tower.

Once we arrived we knocked on the door and heard a come in.

"Good morning lord third." Garra greeted as I hid behind him and his gourd biting my bottom lip.

"What brings you two here this morning." The hokage sighed obviously not happy to see us here.

"We've come for the release of Naruto's father."Gaara announced.

"I'm sorry but I can not do that." Hiruzen spat coldly.

"But why!?! Yesterday you said you wouldn't punish him!" I cried out.

"Yesterday I said I wouldn't kill him. He raised his fist against humans and a hokage. I'm showing him mercy by locking him up." Hiruzen explained bluntly.

"Just how long do you plan to keep him locked up." Gaara questioned.

"Until he dies or until I stop being the hokage."

My legs went limp and I fell to my knees. "No...... please no." I'm whispered to no one but myself:

"Please I'm begging you. Papa didn't mean it please this is all just a big mistake." I begged as tears streamed down my face.

"You heard me. As long as I Hiruzen Sarutobi is hokage your father the kyubbi will forever stay in prison where he belongs." Hiruzen ordered now standing up. "If thats all you both can leave."

I heard Gaara silently curse under his breath before helping me up and out of the room.

(At the park in front of the academy .)

I was sitting on the swing while Gaara sat beside me near a tree.

"Everything is going to be ok Naruto. He said as long as he is the hokage right?  He's an old man it's only a matter of time till he croaks over and die." Garra tried to reassure me. "Maybe we could even speed up that process......."

"Come on dont joke like that. Doing that would start a war." I managed to chuckle out.

"If a war did break out between our villages who would you choose. The sand or the leaf?" Gaara asked.

"Huh? What kind of question is that?" I questioned titling my head.

"Like hypothetically speaking I mean." Gaara replied.

"Well I would probably help you since your more like a brother to me but I might stay here because I would hate to leave my home and I would definitely miss ichiraku ramen." I answered with a small chuckle.