Chapter 25 (rewrite)

Naruto POV

I opened my eyes slightly only to be blinded by the bright sun and the whiteness of the room.

"So you finally decided to wake up." I heard a voice say.

I turned my head to see shikarmu at the end of my bed playing a game of shoji by himself.

I looked around in confusion. I had never been in a place like this and I was quite confused.

"What never been in the hospital before?" Shikarmu questioned.

I shook my head no.

Me and papa were never allowed. All the medicine we needed was at home and for my yearly shots and stuff papa would simply have to give it to me himself because no doctor would come anywhere near us.

"You've been out for at least 3 days. If it wasn't for that toad sage they would have left you outside." Shikarmu explained.

"W-what!? 3 Days!?" I gasped in shock as I sat up in bed." When is the final tournament!?"

"Tomorrow." He replied bluntly.

I looked at him with my mouth wide open. 'Just my luck' I thought in my head.

"Oh yeah I also brought this." Shikarmu added as he brought out a basket with fruit.

"Some of it was for choji but the doctor said he couldn't have any so you can have it."

"Choji?" I asked.

"Yeah he ate one rib too many and has bad indigestion." Shikarmu chuckled.

As I was eating an apple I felt something was wrong. I paused and focused trying to figure out what was going on. I could sense Gaara near by but he felt..... different. I put the apple done and rushed to where he was.

I opened a room door to find him using his sand over rock lee with this insane and scary look on his face and he was panting heavily.

Shikarmu quickly used his shadow possession jutsu before Gaara could do anything.

"Garra?" I asked in disbelief. He couldn't move his head but I could tell he could see me from the corner of his eyes.

"Gaara... what are you doing? I questioned . He didn't answer and had a cold stare on his face.

"Gaara what were you going to do to him!" I shouted this time.

"I was going to kill him." Gaara said with no emotion.

"Gaara........" I looked at him shocked. Was this really the Gaara I knew. The smartest out of the two of us and who kept us out of trouble. The sweet red headed kid I grew up with.

"Gaara... that's not a funny joke. Cut it out already." I sputtered refusing to believe what he said.

He didn't answer but responded with a cold glare saying he wasn't joking. I couldn't help but feel my stomach turn. He really wanted to kill him.....

"You've already beat and crippled him in the preliminary round was that not enough for you. Do you have some sort of personal grudge against him or something." Shikarmu questioned.

"No. I have nothing against him." Gaara stated. "There's nothing too it I just want to kill him that's all."

I couldn't tell what was more disturbing . The fact that Gaara had every intent on killing him even after winning or the fact that Gaara had wanted to do it just for the kick of it. This wasn't the Gaara I knew at all. I could tell he changed when I saw him fight but I would have never expected this.

"Gaara...... why would you do such a thing.... He didn't do anything wrong..... Gaara please I don't understand." I began to mutter softly hoping to persuade him.

"I told you there is no reason. I'm boerd so I'm going to kill him." He sighed as if it was a normal thing to take lives of the innocent.

Than it hit me. Gaara wasn't phased at all about taking a life. He was used to it. Uncle Shukaku did say Gaara killed a lot of anbu but what if he killed innocent people too?

"Naruto. If you two don't stay out of my way I will have to kill you two as well ." Gaara said bluntly. I looked him in the eye shocked. He held no remnants of being hesitant or phased.

I was distraught. Gaara really said he would kill me. His own cousin. He was like a brother to me and he said he would kill me.

"Damn you!" I shouted refusing to believe a word of it as I lunged at him.

"Where is he!?" I yelled with a kunai to his neck.
"Where is the real Gaara! The Gaara I grew up with would never do that!"

"Oi Naruto! Wait till I release my jutsu before you go and do that." Shikarmu groaned also on the floor.

"I'll say it once more. If you get in my way I'll kill you." He spat coldly glaring at me.

"And I'll say it again! Where is Gaara! My cousin would never do something as sick as killing people for the the kick of it" I shout.

"I am Gaara. The only difference is that I grew up Naruto. The real question is when will you?" Gaara started coldly. "We are both creatures that are not human. The only purpose for us to live is that so we may protect the village we are forced to serve. But what do you do when the very village you are supposed to protect becomes afraid of you? When your own home can't trust you what purpose do we creatures have to serve? What reason do we keep on living? What makes you feel alive? Eating? Playing? For me the one thing that makes me feel alive is killing."

I stared into his eyes with disbelief . Just what happened while we were gone? My kunai was right as his neck and my mouth felt dry. I couldn't move or speak. Suddenly sand appeared and began coming towards me. I jumped back and threw a kunai his way but he deflected it with his sand. Before I got a chance to attack again I heard a voice.

"Alright that's enough. Save it for tomorrow. Your just wasting your energy is that what you want?" I heard a voice say.

I turned my head to see a man who I recognized as Lee's sensei.

Gaara was the first to walk out.

He paused and turned to face me sending a chill down my spine. "I meant what I said. Just you wait. I'll kill you all."

The Kitsune Child (originally named Kurama's Child)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें