Chapter 22

Naruto pov

I looked back to Ebisu and dragged him near the trees for shade so he could rest before going out to look for the sage.

I don't know why but I felt like I have met him before. His scent was calming but strong. It was like a tickle on my nose that wanted to make me laugh and smile.

I wish papa was here so I could ask him about it. Guess I will have to find the answers for myself.

I than heard a scream from a woman followed by the sound of a harsh slap. I looked over to see the old man. He had attempted to flirt with a young lady before he was slapped once again. I winced at the memory of being hit like that by humans before and out of instinct I hid around the corner and perked my head out to see what would happen.

The lady walked off as the sage rubbed his hands on his face.

I heard him mumble something about how last time he's been here the woman were just as feisty.

"There not feisty just mean." I mumbled under my breath. The sage then turned towards me and looked very annoyed.

"So you've been here before?" I asked him.

"Ugh you again?" He groaned not looking very happy.

"Come on please you have to train me I need to get strong as soon as possible." I begged coming from out the corner.

I could already here the mean whispers coming from the villagers but I really needed to convince this guy to train me.

He suddenly picked me up by the back collar of my shirt an dropped me in a nearby gourd.

"You can train in here you brat." He sneered before putting a lid over it and what I think was a rock.

" He sneered before putting a lid over it and what I think was a rock

"H-hey let me out!" I yelled trying to get out.

I hated being trapped like this. It always brought back horrible memories.

I eventually was able to get out by some kids tipping the gourd over and breaking it. Someone heard the noise and I was admittedly blamed for it. I quickly jumped onto the rooftops before anything worse could happen.

I ran for awhile until I ended up in the forest. I sat down near a tree as I curled my knees to my chest. Suddenly horrible memories rushed into my mind.

Flashback

It was a year after the incident and a year after I was told I had to become a ninja. It was also the day of my birthday also known to the villagers as the day of the fox hunt. Papa was running away from the angry mob as he cradled me close to his chest. If it wasn't for the fact that it papa hurt any of the villagers we would both be punish there is no question he would have killed them all.