Chapter 9

Naruto pov

"I'm heading to the academy now I'll be back later." I told Papa.

Kinoe stood outside the gate of the house as I walked beside him silently.

We never felt the need to talk to each other at the start but after awhile I got curious about the life of an anbu and ended up asking him for tips and combat and what his missions were like. I made sure to never ask anything to personal though. I wouldn't say we were friends but we weren't enemies either.

I waved goodbye to him as I entered the academy and headed to my classroom.

"Hey Naruto up here!" I heard Choji call.

I made my way to him and Shikarmu.

"It's going to be too bad that I probably won't be on the same team as you guys." I chuckled.

"That's true but at least you won't be stuck with one of Sasuke's screeching fan girls."  Shikarmu groaned.

"We don't know that for sure yet now do we." I laughed.

It took 4 years but I felt somewhat comfortable around these two. Though I still never willingly talked to anyone besides them.

The only reason we knew who would be on Choji 's and Shikarmu's team was because Shikarmu had once explained to me the Ina-Shika-Cho tradition.

While we talked Hinata soon walked in and sat across the room. I silently glanced towards her but still stayed somewhat focused on the conversation.

Shikarmu noticed my mind wandering and gave me a light punch.

"4 years and yet you never even uttered so much as a word to her." Shikarmu sighed.

"What a helpless love story." Choji laughed.

"L-Love!? What are you talking about?! It's not like that I swear!" I whispered harshly blushing.

"Whatever you say lover boy." Shikarmu remarked. "Maybe you'll be on the same team as her."

" You think so?" I said perking my ears up.

"Maybe. It would make for a good tracking team. The Hyuga's eyesight and your sense of smell." Shikarmu shrugged.

"That makes sense but the Hokage is probably going to put me on an attack tactic team." I sighed.

Iruka soon entered and we all sat down quietly. He then began to read the list of names and teams. Soon he called out team 7.

"Sasuke Uchiha," The girls began to pray hoping for their names to be called next.

"Sakura Haruno," Sakura shot up cheering. "HA TAKE THAT INO PIG!"

"And Naruto Kyubbi." Iruka announced as I slammed my head on the desk.

I could hear Choji and Shikarmu try to suppress the laughs as I groaned.

"Dang you got that snarky Uchiha AND his number 1 fan girl. I have never seen such bad luck." Shikarmu said patting my back in sympathy.