Chapter 26

Naruto POV

The previous events kept replaying in my head. It was already night and the sun had set but I was afraid that Gaara would be back home instead of his hotel room. I decided that to clear my mind I should go eat ramen.

"Hey Naruto! We missed ya have you been training hard for the chunin exams?" The ramen guy asked as he was cooking the ramen.

I didn't say anything just answered with a slight nod looking down at the table with a sad expression.

Amane his daughter than put a huge bowl of ramen which contained pork, corn, lobster, noodles and some other delicious stuff.

"What?....." I looked up at him confused.

"The final exams are tomorrow so you will need the energy. Consider it on the house." He smiled.

"Thank you!" I beamed excitedly almost on the verge of tears.

I finished my food and made my way back home through the village. I opened up the front gate and went inside glad to see it was just me at home.

-time skip-

I woke early in the morning so I wouldn't be late. I got ready and hopped from rooftop to rooftop. Everyone was gathering at the village gates to welcome all the nobels, feudal lords, and other kages coming for the Chunin Exams but I was heading towards the training grounds for some last minute training since I had a few hours before the tournament.

I soon arrived and saw hinata there standing in front of a post holding her arm.

"Hinata-Chan ?" I called out to her but she jumped and hid behind the post.

"O-oh! Naruto-kun.... w-why are you here?" She asked

"I just came here for some last minute drills that's all. I'm really sorry I disturbed you." I answered looking at my feet and fiddling with my fingers with a slight blush on my face.

"No you didn't disturb me at all." She replied.

"Also...." She began to say. "I have faith that you will win."

"What?" I was quite surprised.

"I'll be cheering for you so make sure you win." She smiled at me.

I could feel my face heat up. Hinata is the first person to ever make me feel this way.

"T-then it's decided! I will win just for you!" I beamed with a big smile and red cheeks. "I'm off to the tournament see ya!" I rushed off waving goodbye.

-time skip-

I arrived and we all stood in a line. Well all of us except Sasuke.

I looked up to see the loud cheering crowd of people. I looked to my side and it was neji beside me who I was going up against and beside him was Gaara. I couldn't build up the courage to look him in the eye.