Chapter 18 (rewrite)

It was nightfall and Kabuto had already explained our plan on our way to the tower. We stopped to discuss our plan still a far distance from our destination.

My ears then twitched. Something was moving behind us. I took out my kunai and threw hitting who or whatever it was.

We all turned to see it was a big centipede. A very very big one.

I sighed in relief before Sakura began to shout.

"You idiot what the hell are u thinking scaring us like that!" She screeched.

"Keep it down will you we don't need to tell the whole forest we're here." Kabuto scolded.

We started walking deeper into the night filled forest when suddenly Sakura tripped over a wire. I was the only one to hear and realize because of my ears. I pushed her out of the way as fast as I could when I suddenly saw a parade of kunai flying at me. I shut my eyes ready for the impact when suddenly Kabuto jumped in and took the hit for me. Luckily it was a substitution.

Sakura shoved me off her and I thanked Kabuto for the save.

After a few more hours I left out a sigh out of exhaustion and annoyance.

"What's your problem dobe." Sasuke said also sounding annoyed.

"it's nothing." I quickly replied avoiding eye contact.

"If u got something to say than say it." Sakura sneered.

"Well... it feels like we have been walking for awhile dont you think?" I started.

"Yeah so what about it." Sasuke stated.

"Even though we have been walking for awhile the tower Dosent seem to be getting any closer." I pointed out.

"Your right it seems someone has been following us. See that." Kabuto said pointing behind us.

We all turned to see the over sized centepied I had hit earlier.

"Everyone stay alert." Kabuto warned us.

Suddenly many figures began to emerge from the floor and trees surrounding us.

As the clones began to surround us i became skeptical about them. They just seemed a little off but I couldn't tell what.

I threw a kunai with a paper bomb and it exploded one of the clones but instead of it disappearing it became liquid and split in two.

Sasuke activated his sharigan quickly but as he watched them I saw him freeze. One of the clones threw a double bladed kunai at Sasuke and as he watched the kunai near he still didn't move.

"Sasuke!" I yelled out. As Kabuto shoved Sasuke down avoiding the kunai but getting slightly cut in the process. Kabuto got back up but Sasuke still lied down still.

Kabuto examined the kunai while Sakura helped out Sasuke.

"Surrender your scroll." All of the clones began to whisper.

"Even thought that weapon they threw is real it's no question they are shadow clones but at the same time clones are supposed to disappear when hit so why don't these ones." I questioned.

"It's a genjutsu." Sasuke suddenly announced.

"If it was a genjutsu how did Kabuto get that cut." I questioned.

"Your right the cut is real but perhaps the enemy is in hiding. Someone nearby they are coordinating real attacks behind their illusions so we are fooled to think they are real." Kabuto explained.

By now I was in a fighting stance with a kunai in hand ready to attack.

(Ok I'm so lazy I'm just going to skip this fight  just imagine the same thing happens in the OG show)