Chapter 49

Chapter 49 | Truth Be Told
_____________

Author's POV

Sukuna sent you glare on your way again, telling you to shut up with his eyes but you remained unfazed.

"You lied to me too" You tell him, tears beginning to fall like waterfall as your hands trembled and can't be helped.

Sukuna only stared at you, his old self, becoming merciless beginning to come back to his mind as his cold gaze shuddered you.

The curse stood before you in it's true form.

"Tell me then— if you knew before hand that I was a curse, would you still love me as you said you were?" Sukuna straight up asks with a raised eyebrow, bringing two of his arms to cross in front of his chest.

One single drop of tear can't be helped from falling, but his face seemed cold and no expression can be seen anymore.

You were silenced at his question, you couldn't find the right things to say— he was right.

Sukuna notices your silence and then he turns around, "That's what I thought."

With that being said he aggressively runs really fast, out from your sight, leaving you broken and numb, tears still falling from your eyes as your knees finally gave up on you, you fell to the ground sobbing.

He was a curse— the thing you loved was the king of curses, and he loved you back.

You hated yourself for not saying anything back and just let him leave like that— forever, things were unsure and many feelings were thrown here and there.

All those memories with him, you were feeling all of this for a curse. But then again you find yourself not to care whatever he was, he was still the Sukuna you looked at as if he was the sun.

Your heart was breaking, you were the color t his vibrant world but as soon as he saw the familiar fear and terror he sees in other humans he had killed, it reminded him that— he was a curse, and you were human. There was no way the two was compatible for each other.

"What the f*ck just happened?" You hear Toji's voice say behind you but you didn't mind this.

You remained to the ground as guilt and sadness overcome you.

Unnoticed to you the footsteps coming to your way, and before you knew it, your husband had stood in front of you, he kneels in front of you to measure your level.

Your eyes looked up at him, he sees no light in them, only the girl who had her heart broken too many times.

You were so fragile and vulnerable, Naoya didn't want to break you— he instead wanted to be careful with you.

"You knew?" You say, your voice low and in the verge of breaking.

Naoya feels his heart clenching at your situation.

"I didn't want to interfere in your business— and I think it's time that you finally... let him go." He says, trying to pull you to him as he brings his hand up to your cheeks but you don't feel yourself getting comfortable.