Chapter 43

Chapter 43 | The 'Golden' Child
__________

Y/n's POV

"I apologize for my daughter's behavior." Mother says with a small bow towards my husband.

Naoya only nods in reply, I lost my appetite way back the fight happened. I still don't know if I was wrong, did she really lose interest in what she clearly loves? Or where she's passionate about? I cared for my sister and I know the reason of her out burst was because of the grudge she was holding and maybe I was giving her a hard time.

If only she knew the things Sukuna makes me feel, if only she understood my feelings and the whole situation I'm stuck in.

"I'm going to excuse myself." I say, standing up from my seat.

"I'm going with you." Naoya says before standing up also.

My parents nodded in agreement, after dismissing ourselves from the dining room, me and Naoya both walked back to my old chamber which we were staying at.

"Husband." I call out while we both walked side by side.

He hums in reply, keeping his gaze in front.

"Do you think I was wrong for standing up to my sister?" I ask, turning my head to look at my husband's side view.

"It depends on how a person sees the situation." He answers, now looking towards me. I sighed, knowing he was right.

They may think that maybe I'm just interfering with her life just like what she said, but that's not my intention at all, I want the best for my sibling's mental health, want things to be better for themselves.

"If I were you, I wouldn't put my mind that deep into what happened." He advices, stopping in his tracks, I stopped as well, we both faced each other with our body's turned as well, "Did you kill her pet or something? Cause it seems like she had a pretty deep grudge on you."

I looked up into his eyes, he had the very rights to know, so what'll hurt if I told him?

"It's pretty understandable, she once saw me and Sukuna together in the forest the day before our wedding day." I explain, we both now continued walking again, "She didn't even give me a chance to explain myself."

I can never imagine me on the first meeting with my husband to have him listen to the sibling drama like this and trying his best to give me an advice, I appreciate it, very much, knowing that maybe he's forcing himself to be nice, it's better than nothing.

"I'll do you a favor, since your parents love me then I'll talk to them with you on considering her journalism a chance." He says making my eyes lit up at his suggestion and how he would participate, I looked over to my husband with glee and a big smile.

"You would do that? Thank you." I say.

Naoya gives me a small nod in reply, his expression still blank as ever.

"Let's do it tomorrow."

Next Day

"This was a good idea, daughter." My father praises, I looked at the small table placed right out of our garden, the sun was became the cherry on top of the small picnic I had planned out.