Chapter 17

Chapter 17 | A Miserable Wedding
__________

The Day of the Wedding

Y/n's POV

My heart hits my chest like it was asking to be let go, my hands were shaking slightly as I look at myself in front of the mirror while Miya was fixing me.

My sister Aoi was in the room admiring and was trying her best to fix my hair to be perfect, thankfully enough Sora didn't tell mother nor father about what she had witnessed but having her ignore and send bad glances at me every now and then made me want to cry.

They were here to enjoy their time with me now she was hating me.

"You look beautiful, sister." Aoi says with a smile, brushing her soft fingers on my cheek, I forced out a smile back at her.

"Thank you, Aoi." I say in a softer voice.

"Though I don't understand why sister Sora wouldn't want to help with fixing you." Aoi says with a furrowed eyebrows.

I laughed bitterly at her statement before avoiding gazes with her, "Well maybe she's just busy with other things."

"I think not, she was the most excited out of all of us, she couldn't stop talking about her helping to fix you up for your wedding," Aoi tells me making my heart sting a little, "I know for sure she wouldn't miss it for the world but oh well."

I sigh, I stared at my reflection on the mirror thinking to myself how badly I messed up, I couldn't blame Sukuna though, it was all my fault for even thinking of coming back to the shrine, Sora wouldn't have such a grudge on me if I didn't go to the shrine.

But what done is done, I don't have the power to rewind time back.

"It's time my lady!" I hear the voice of one of the guards yell at the other side of the door making me flinch a little.

Beside of my sister hating me, this wedding was going to be the death of me, nervousness was eating me bit by bit and I didn't know what to do, what will I say when it's time for the ceremony? What do I do if Naoya does anything he wants with me?

What do I do if I can't get Sukuna off of my mind?

I sigh, my thoughts were soon stopped when Aoi came in front of me.

"Let's go sister." She softly says before taking my hand in hers, I forced out another smile with a nod.

_____________

I stared at the shōji ready to open right in front of me, this was the doorway to a new life, a door to start living in hell.

The shaking of my hands couldn't be stopped, I heard the what seems like the higher samurai introducing our wedding.

This was all a mistake, I always believed of wedding being the most magical thing to ever happened to a person, but it's the worst thing ever happened to me, how can life be so unfair? I'd give up anything just to be married to anyone but him.

"Please welcome Lady L/n Y/n of the L/n clan... The bride." I sucked in a breathe when the shōji finally opens, all eyes were on me.