Chapter 2

Chapter 2 | A suitor from the Takeda Clan
__________________

Y/n's POV

With a new basket in my hand I jogged my way up the hill in a hurry, I came back after practically begged for Miya to bring me new set of food from the kitchen which she refused at first but soon gave in when I told her that I have met a innocent traveler on my way to the shrine.

Seeing the shrine come in my sight I only furrowed my eyebrows when I noticed that Sukuna was gone, I stopped my movements immediately. Trying to look for the red haired guy with tattoos all over his face but to my luck I didn't see a single sign of him.

"Boo." I hear the familiar deep and husky voice of his say behind me, I flinched slightly before turning around in defense.

Only to be met by a Sukuna looking down at me with a satisfied smirk as if he was expecting the reaction I gave him, I frowned before backing away to give space for the both of us, my heart still racing a little from the little scare he gave me.

"Please stop yourself from doing that, Sukuna-san." I tell him with a small glare, he gives me a raise eyebrow before bowing his head.

"Why not? It's amusing to see you scared." Sukuna says, before looking up to me again, "You know, I never asked you for your name."

I gripped the handle of the basket harder before puffing my chest out to look confident.

"Y/n L/n." I tell him, and I see him mutter something under his breathe that I didn't catch. To not waste anymore time I tell him to follow me and he did obey.

I stopped when we were finally away from the path towards the shrine, it was the both of us and the trees all around us. I looked over to to Sukuna seeing as he was looking around to the trees around him.

I never get to have a moment like this with someone except for the people in my clan, so having a new person to talk to feels kind of nice.

I took this moment to sit down on the soft grass beneath us, placing the basket down and now looking over to Sukuna again who was already looking down on me.

"Please take a seat." I tell him with a small smile.

"It's very brave of you to trust strangers like me." He tells me before taking a seat next to me.

I let out a sigh, bringing out the bread Miya gave me I handed it to Sukuna who hesitated to accept it but he did so nonetheless. I grabbed myself some bread too.

"You're not just a stranger, you're a traveler who needs my help." I tell him before looking at him, he just gives me the same smirk he always wore ever since we met not an hour ago.

"Did your parents ever teach you not to talk to strangers?" He replies with the same playful tone as he took a bite out of the bread, I felt something wrong when he said that but I brushed it off.

I looked away from him and watched the beautiful view of our lands in front of us, he was right, why did I suddenly trust a stranger like him? But do I really need to be so hard on trusting him when he clearly needs my help? I'm L/n F/n and I care about helping other people, it's not like he'll kill me... right?

"Well I guess they did, but I'm just trying to help you." I tell him once more, "And it's not like you'll hurt me."

I turned to look at him, only to see him look at me with those bloody red eyes of his, his smirk no longer written on his lips, he just looks at me as if he was reading my soul, I uncomfortably shifted on my seat before looking away.