Chapter 3

Chapter 3 | A Curse Has Appeared!
_________________

Y/n's POV

"I love to play board games with strangers." Hiroto tells me with a soft look on his face.

I somehow thought that he'd be the same to the other suitors I had before but for once he was finally a decent one, he wasn't prideful and egotistical, he showed interests on what I liked and what I didn't which was rare to find in my world.

"I like it, but I am not good at it at all." I tell him with a small chuckle, he then chuckles with me.

"I'll teach you when I ca—

—Attention! A curse has appeared!" A samurai suddenly bursts in the room shouting the news, the other samurai in the room immediately moved and went outside the room to see whatever had appeared on this peaceful night.

The people in the room gasps at the news, not a second later the room went into a full chaos of people running around in search for a safe place to exit, guards and samurai's were heading out the castle to face the enemy who appeared.

My mother then stands up really quickly, she went to me and she grabs my arm as she pulls me up quickly.

"Hurry daughter we need to head to safety." My mother says urgently before practically dragging me outside of the room.

Hiroto was remained sitting down on the zaisu and I couldn't catch the expression on his face and I could least care about it.

Screams and groans can be heard outside and the sound of something being destroyed was also heard, I flinched at the cries of our people and I wanted to just go out there and try to save their innocent lives.

But the fast beating of my heart couldn't be ignored, I was constantly trying to calm my trembling hands at the sudden situation being announced to us.

My ladies came beside me and tried to drag me out of the room along with my mother but I stopped them.

"But our people mother!" I refuse to go with her, forcing them to stop in their tracks and my mother turns to me, she looks at me as if I had grown two heads.

"Are you out of your mind? We have guards for a reason daughter!" My mother says and another loud cry can be heard from our castle making me flinch as I looked at my mother with furrowed eyebrows.

Getting hesitant at what I was about to do, but it was for the best, our guards and samurai's weren't many so maybe me helping them out would make things faster.

"Forgive me mother." I struggle to get out of their grips but I managed, squirming and kicking as I finally got out of my ladies and my mothers grip I immediately ran outside of the room.

"Daughter come back here right now!" My mother practically yells.

I ignored it knowing I was going to get punished at the end but I did not worry about that, hearing those cries for help didn't sit right with me.

As I got out of the room and finally out of our castle I saw that certain buildings of our town has been set on fire, and people running around screaming for help was seen, this was a scene I never wanted to see.

Before I can ran up to a certain person who had tripped on his feet because of running very fast, an arm stopped me, I instantly turned around seeing Hiroto look at me with a worried look.

"Let's get out of here, My Lady." He tells me with a hurry tone.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him in reply, "No, I'm going to help. Please save yourself, my Lord."