Chapter 26

Chapter 26 | Choices
_______
The Next Day
Naoya's POV

"Any news for having a heir?" My father asks in a demanding voice, I was sat right in front of him in his office.

I shifted on the pillow seat underneath me with piercing gaze of my father placed on me,  I was small minded than I thought I was, how can I even stop myself from giving my father a heir last night? That night where I had supposed to be impregnated my wife, but I stopped, I become hesitant.

Sudden Flashback—

I looked right into her eyes as I feel her wrist tremble against my hand, her body was shaking beneath mine, the tears rolling down her cheeks marked a scar that I was about to make.

Her lips trembling as she sobs, why was I doing this? Of course to please my father and have the throne as my own.

But as I look at her, I feel something in me that was too vulnerable to hurt.
___________

"No... news yet, father." I reply with a stop on my sentence when he had sent me a glare before taking a hold of his tea and placing it near his lips.

Taking a sip he placed it back down on the small table in front of us, "I was expecting to have one right away, you are a man, Naoya."

"And it might have been a good idea to bring your cousin... Toji over tomorrow." He says with a amused smirk written on his face.

I clenched my fist under the table, how dare he? Did he think that low of me? I was Naoya Zenin and impregnating a lady was no hard work for me, but why was I even hesitant? I shake my head at the thought.

I wouldn't dare to let Toji and his son Megumi, to take over the throne I had worked so hard for.

"He's not a Zenin anymore, father." I reply in common sense before raising my eyebrow.

"But his son is..." My father continues to play with the safety pin on me, one wrong move and I blow up.

I was beyond angry of myself and to everyone who was surrounding me, no way am I going to let that little brat win against me.

I stand up unannounced, "I'll be off, father."

With a bow I left, ignoring the call of my father. This wasn't right, the constant worrying of the throne was becoming a layer of my brain, if I can't do it to my wife...

Then maybe I can do it to some other.

Time Skip

"Naoy—

—What did I tell you about calling me by my name?" I say in a very bold tone, the woman in front of me immediately bows her head before flashing me a smile I learned myself to hate.

"Why are you here, my lord?" She says, I know that in her voice she seeks relevance in me, and I roll my eyes at it.

"I demand you to give me a heir." I say, visible in my voice that I wasn't taking no for an answer.

The lady in front of me widen her eyes slightly, before releasing a smug smirk. Standing up from her seat she seductively walks over to me, bending down just a little to be in my level.