Chapter 36

Chapter 36 | Mixed Feelings
__________

Naoya's POV

I couldn't believe it, I don't really say nice things let along tell someone that they were my light, I began to doubt everything once the small smile on her lips disappeared. But I just couldn't force it back anymore, these feelings, I had come to a decision that I unfortunately fell for my wife that I didn't intend to grow feelings with.

But everything about her, the way she cares for me, her soft hands, her innocent and doe eyes and her bright smile, every part of her brought light into my life that I had a struggle accepting, but here I was now, admitting that I had fell for her.

"N... No." She shakes her head in denial before turning around taking a step away from me I only frown at her.

"What do you mean 'no'?" I ask the eager visible in my voice, I wasn't expecting nor do I want to get rejected at this very moment.

She turns around again, she faces me with guilt placed inside her eyes, locking some kind of secrets away that only made me frown more.

"You w—won't understand, husband. I... I—I might have—

She stops herself for a moment, the clear trembling of her hands that she tried to calm down by playing with it was visible, the trembling of her bottom lip was also present as she tries to hard to maintain eye contact.

—I'm in love with another." She finally confesses.

In that moment I swore my vision had turned pure black, the unfamiliar sting punched me in the chest, the constant clenching was unbearable, and also the feeling of humiliation.

She was in love with another... then what about me? Me that has fallen for her, me that has finally accepted that she was my light. Was everything just a waste of emotion, was it just to make m experience what it's like to be emotionally hurt for once?

This whole sensation going around my chest was questionable. This was the feeling I felt whenever my father talked down at me back in my childhood days, and I want it gone.

She must've noticed my deadly silence so she started to explain, "I have been seeing a friend, before our wedding, I thought moments with him would be harmless but I've surprisingly learned to love him."

One thing was for certain, I was Naoya Zenin and people know me as someone who doesn't give anything up for something he genuinely wants, even if I have to walk on fire then so be it.

Everything will be fine, as long as I have her.

"Then we can try... right? Give us a chance." I say, my eyes beginning to plead to her, I could taste it the feeling of her slipping away from my fingers even if she wasn't even there to begin with, "I am your husband after all, I have my very rights to ask you to love me back or at least try to."

Slowly fading away into the distance, this nightmare was something I wanted to burn into ashes and bury it where I can't remember.

"Wait— you're not in the slightest mad about me seeing another man behind your back?" She asks with a small frown, her innocent eyes looking up to me, asking for an answer.