Chapter 19

Chapter 19 | Messy Conversations in the Onsen
______________

The Next Day
Naoya's POV

I sat on my seat early in the morning with my father already sitting on his, we already greeted each other with a 'good morning'.

The birds chirping was the first thing I heard in the morning and it just added the fuel to my fuming head, I guess I just woke up in the wrong side of the bed today but I couldn't care less, it's not like anybody cares for what I felt but I do hope they know how to back away from me.

"You're married." My father plainly recalls, I looked at him and just nodded in response, "Are you sure that woman can give you a useful heir?"

That's right, my father isn't a joyous one as you thought he will be, it was all just because of the alcohol, in fact many people can agree that he's fat more worse than I am.

"I am, father." I reply back, the food I was eating seemed to have not satisfied my somehow full already stomach.

"If she can't give you a heir, we have plenty of women in our town." Father adds, looking at me strictly I forced myself to nod.

I wanted nothing than to please my father in this world, his approve of me was the only thing that ever mattered to me when I was a kid, failure was never a option to him and I learned to know that in the hard way, as far as I have known there's always no room for mistakes in my father's eyes.

No wonder my cousin Toji was kicked out.

"I know father, and I know that you can't give me the throne when I don't have a prepared heir." I say, my tone was absolute.

"And if you really can't give me an heir, maybe your cousin's son Megumi can handle my throne." Father says, his eyes directly into mine's. I stopped my movements and can't help but think about the throne being so close in my grasp and then taken it away from me.

Not only that but I won't ever nor can I imagine my father's disappointed face when I tell him I don't have a heir. Besides this is what all that mattered to my father, the throne, our power, our clan and his authority.

"I fully am aware of that, father." I reply, continuing to eat the food I found no appetite in eating way back but continued anyway, "And once my wife and I go back to our residence tomorrow you'll be expecting a grandson."

My father nods only, but a sign of amusement can't be read on his face making me worry a little bit but shrugged the thought off anyway.

Tomorrow was going to be the day my wife finally finds about the true Zenin clan, the merciless power we hold is scarier than any curse can ever have. In short we will finally be living together as husband and wife, and that's where I also start to mold her into a wife I like.

Y/n's POV

I let the warm water surround my tired body, the steam becoming one of the reasons why I was so relaxed so much, things like this with me alone in the onsen it was one of the reason why I get my life going on my messy problems that everyone thought was impossible to overcome.

And this was also a way for me to forget him, but my mind seem to have a magnetic attraction about Sukuna because I can never let him go away from my mind ever since I stepped foot on this onsen, where is he now? How is he doing? Does he have something to eat?