Chapter 31

Chapter 31 | An Easy Lie to Tell, but Hard to Handle
_________

Asami's POV

"What about Lord Yamagata, sweetie?" My mother asks with a frown on her face.

I sat on a chair placed right in front of her desk, I had finished meeting one of my thousands of suitors, none of them satisfied me or made me feel the way Naoya had.

"I want nothing to do with them, mother." I say in a exhausted tone, placing my elbow on the arm chair I massaged my temples with my fingers.

Everything was complicated and I wanted to fix it as soon as possible, if Naoya didn't reject our marriage he would be living in a easy and peaceful life, but no he had to just marry that useless lady that has no background at all, no status on her family, I was above her and she's out of Naoya and I's league.

"But you need to choose a suitor, sweet—

—I don't want to I want Naoya!" I say in a much raised voice making my mother flinch and she shuts her mouth completely.

It was annoying, so annoying to have everything in the palm of your hand but can't have the one thing you would die to get for.

I don't know why I even love him, he was no different from men, but there's just something about him that makes me so obsessed.

Without even noticing tears started to form around my eyes at the frustration I felt, I just wanted to tare my hair apart.

I sob, making my mother react immediately by standing up and walking beside me to comfort me but it didn't help me, what do I have that he doesn't want?

"Do not worry dear, we are invited for a dinner tonight at their residence." My mother cheerly adds making me cry even more knowing I have to see Naoya with her.

I was beautiful, I had a rich powerful clan, I had everything, what does she have?

Without even noticing the shōji of my mother's office opened but I didn't give this my full attention as I kept sobbing my heart out.

Noticing immediately that it was my father just by his footsteps, I turned around and saw him with a concerned look on his face.

"Father." I say in a pitiful voice before breaking down again.

"Oh, who dared to give my daughter tears?" He says in a pissed tone before walking over to me and standing right on the opposite side of my mom.

"Who did this daughter? Tell me and I'll eliminate them." He says in a very strict voice, I had always been and always will be a daddy's girl, nothing will ever take me away from obeying my father.

I looked at him through my wet and blurry eyesight, "T... This lady that is married to Naoya, I want her gone."

Later that night in the Zenin Residence
Y/n's POV

"Mother, Father, I'm glad you made it safely." I greeted with a gentle and welcoming smile at them who was in the process of getting out the carriage.

Noticing my siblings weren't with them I shrugged it off knowing it was better to have them away, cause who knows what will happen in this dinner, with the Tachibana clan, Zenin clan, and my clan.