Chapter 32

Chapter 32 | Insufferable
_________

Y/n's POV

"Mother, please hear me out." I pleaded, the eagerness in my voice reaching out to my mother who was still walking away from me.

The anger overflowing around her was all too noticeable.

"I'm sorry, I really am." I add, my eyes beginning to tear up, I knew all too well this was going to happen.

What did I expect? To have my mother or anyone else react so calm about the cursed news? How unrealistic would that be.

I fasten my pace and was about to reach my mother when she stops on her tracks and turns around, the look on her eyes could kill, I can tell that disappointment had jangles the very bone of her skull.

"If I had known you could not produce an offspring I wouldn't have gone through all the blood, sweat and tears to get you where you are right now!" She yells at me, gritting her teeth in anger she brought up her hands to her hair that was neatly tied up in a bun.

Pulling it out it became slightly messy but I knew she didn't care, I just looked at her as if I was seeking for forgiveness of a lie.

It's just a lie, but it's so hard to handle.

"Moth—

—Do you know what you are going to face? You are going to be judged wether you are still to be married to lord Zenin." Mother announces with still a slightly raised voice, "I can not help you with this, you are on your own, I have wasted enough energy for you just for me to end up in a dead end again."

She let's out a huff, bringing up her hand to massage her temple, she sighs before looking at me one last time, "Why do you have to be like this?"

Without even waiting for me to answer she had already turned her back to me, walking away just like she usually does I fell down right on my knees at the amount of heavy and hurtful words she had said.

Unbelievable, I can't imagine if this lie could ever be true, I could not comprehend if I ever find out I can not produce a child.

I look down right on the dark oak wood floor, the tears fell down right on it as I sob, and before I knew it I felt a presence right beside me along with a shoe I knew who it belongs too.

I instantly looked up and gave my father my pleading eyes to at least understand me, but he only looks down at me with the same lifeless eyes and sense of disappointment in them.

"Have a good night, daughter." Father says before leaving as well, I sobbed even harder.

Trying to wipe away my tears, how will I fix this? I chose to do this just to keep my purity from Naoya and I am not regretting it, but this heavy feeling right on my chest was saying otherwise.

Naoya's POV

"I need to have a little chat with my son." My father says, his glaring eyes not leaving mine as he took his leave in the room before I can even reply.

I excuse myself from the clan Tachibana before following my father right in his office, I closed the shōji behind me instantly feeling how the atmosphere had changed and it turned into something so serious and heavy.