Chapter 29

Chapter 29 | Soft Hands
_______

Y/n's POV

I hurry to stand up again, ushering my lady's to present themselves to avoid getting unnecessary scolding from my husband, "Come in."

I announce, relaxing myself I sat on our bed and pretended to be brushing my hair with no care but the constant beating of my heart could not be ignored.

Then the sound of the shōji opening and close feels the silent air, I hear my lady's greeting my husband as I kept my gaze away from his, guilty of what I had done.

"Leave us be," Naoya announces to my lady's and they get out instantly after being told by Naoya, "Wife."

He calls out again in a more strict voice, stopping my hands from brushing my hair anymore, I slowly stand up and turned my body to him, my mind flashing back to the awful night but I get rid of it immediately before flashing him a small forced out smile.

Scanning him fully I see that he was drenched from probably the rain outside.

"Good evening, husband. How was your da—

—You don't want to have a child with me, no?" He suddenly says with a raised of his eyebrows, I froze at his question that it had made me frown at him.

But I answered nonetheless, "I... I don't know."

I was beginning to feel anxious, I didn't know what to feel about making love to him when I know that I want nothing to do with him, but it is an arranged marriage and I know how important it is for men to have an heir for the throne, but I just can't bring myself forced to love these kind of things.

"I'll take that as a yes, well wife, if you want to avoid the activities to make a heir with me then I need you to lie." Naoya says, his fox like eyes looking at mine, it didn't look like it wanted to look away.

What was he planning? Coming home from whatever work he had done to ask me questions like this, and even asked me to lie.

"What are you talking about, husband." I say with a surprised tone.

He then starts to take off the first layer of his yakuta before putting it on a near by small table, "I want you to lie that you can't have a child, you aren't capable of being a birth giver."

He says like it wasn't such a big deal, was he out of his mind? He can't be serious can he? How can I tell such lie? I could get my mother angry at me and my father probably furious for having such a curse, why did he want me to do this? I was going to get in trouble.

"Why... why would you want me to lie? I will surely get in trouble for this, husba—

—Do you want me to continue what I stopped doing last night?" He stops his movements and looks at me with authority overflowing his eyes.

I stiffened and tensed at his sentence, I began to feel my throat getting dry, I sighed, "Fine... where will you get a heir then?"

I ask the main question of the topic, was he going to impregnate other woman than mw? But It was for the best, I couldn't bare to do the making love with him cause theres no love to begin with.