Chapter 30

Chapter 30 | Gentle Hands
________

Naoya's POV

The sickness was getting to me, constant heavy breathing and coughing, sweat was becoming another layer of my skin as I attempted to make myself feel better by drinking some soup I ordered the servants to make.

These weren't working well, I was in a meeting with some different other high class sorcerers about some stuff I was too sick to focus on, I breath in very deep before forcing myself to listen.

Soon enough the one who was talking a lot caught up on my condition, "Are you okay, lord Zenin?"

He asks with a raised eyebrow, I wipe the sweat off of my forehead before slowly shaking my head, "I'm just feeling a little under the weather today."

"Are you sick? You should head home and take a rest, my lord." The other sorcerer suggests with a concerned voice, how can he be concerned of me? We weren't that close.

And plus why would I need a rest? I was the heir to my father's throne and resting or taking a break wasn't in my book, I would never let work get taken away just because of a stupid fever.

__________

"What do you mean my personal doctor isn't coming?" I say with a irritated voice at my assistant who flinched at my raised tone.

I was now seated in my office, annoyed about everything I see in my sight cause everyone forced me to come home and take a rest and what easier way to cure this annoying little fever than to give it medical attention? But guess what, my doctor wasn't here at the moment cause he went for a vacation or what not.

When he comes back I'm gonna make sure I'm going to give him a piece of my mind.

I sighed out a annoyed sigh, the thumping in my head could not be ignored, I was starting to feel cold in a bad way, my throat was getting a lot more itchy, I let out a cough.

"Should I send in someone else from the medic—

—No, shut your mouth before I rip it away from your face." I warned before slowly standing up, my head feeling dizzy of the sudden energy I used, "Get me some soup, I'll go take a rest in my chamber."

I say, slowly but surely making my way out of my office I stopped and turned around at Shintaro again, "Don't even think of disturbing me."

I say in a much more strict voice before starting to walk myself to my chamber that I didn't remember being this long of a way before.

My body feels tired, my eyes were heavy, I felt cold, I wanted to wrap myself with every clothing that's near me.

Not a minute after I find myself standing in front of my chamber, hearing my wife talking and having fun with her lady's. She often gets out of our chamber anymore, why so? But that doesn't concern me, it would be much nicer to have her away from me since I can't deal with such clingy wife.

"Wife." I call out, my voice coming out weak.

They silence, I hear some ruffles and noises from the other side, then the shōji slides open revealing one of her lady's I was too lazy to remember her name.